Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been to the local dealership a few times since January and each time there has been at least 3 brand new ninjas in stock. I've even seen them parked out front on display like they can't even give them away. Last year beginning of summer they couldn't keep them in the store for more than a day and there was a "15 person waiting list". Is anyone else seeing this or is it just here? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills or something

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, it certainly isn't like that in Norway. This year, like last year, all the 250s have been sold the very day they hit the store. It's insane. Experts claimed that the 250 would be a flop here in Norway because ccm is so important to everyone here. Well, obviously they have been proven very wrong. I've called every Kawasaki dealer in the whole western Norway, and they had all sold all of their 250s this year, just like they had done last year. Luckily I got mine after being two months on a waiting list.

However, the new ZX-6R is still on display, trying to get sold. :D Guess the 250 is a little more attractive after all.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
I think with the way fuel prices are heading and in general the economy, the 250R is and will remain a popular choice.

bossman said:
i had to wait 2 months in australia, but they tol me 4 months
Hey bossman, head over to the 'New Member section' and introduce yourself.

virtualmatrix258 said:
Thats not helping any! LOL
The wait does suck, but once you have the bike you dont even remember it!

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
I'm coming up on my Anniversary shortly when I found out about the re-design and put down $500 and slapped down on the waiting list.

But hey! At least I got my money back! I'm feeling the 2 wheeled fever now that I rode that Megelli lol. The ninja looks like its 10x better though therefore I'll be a smart sailor and wait.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
My local dealership has one of each color in stock right now...

and I've never run anything but 85 octane in my bike... Those at lower altitudes might want to run at least 87...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Norwegian large and reputable online newspaper:
http://www.nettavisen.no/innenriks/ioslo/article2061589.ece

"Yes, we do have the world's most expensive gas

The gas in Oslo costs nearly 82 times as mch as it does in Venezuela. Associates for International Research Inc. has discovered that Oslo is the capital in the world where you have to pay the most for gas. In May we were second to Eritrea, but we're alone on the top at the moment.

Americans who are upset with prices like $4 per gallon may imagine how we Norwegians feel, where the gas soon reaches $10 per gallon, says upi.com who has reviewed the gas prices.

[.....]

Shockingly cheap

So where is the world's cheapest gas? (Warning: sit yourself down and ease out before reading on, because it's shocking.)
In Venezuela, they pay only 12 American cents per gallon. Also in Riyadh and Teheran, the prizes are shockingly low, well below $1 per gallon."

Well, yeah. So gas is expensive here too. :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Lowest in Norway is 95 octane too. We only have that, 98 and diesel, lol. :D

When gas prices recently dropped to under 10 NOK per litre ($5,50 per gallon, according to Google.com), media made huge articles about it, writing about several gas stations, including my nearest gas station, that had been emptied for gas by people who wanted cheap gas. They had simply dried out the entire underground gas tank. :D Insane.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
90% is going for $2.07 right now, its spring break right now so its going to go up. I filled up the Supra for $47.00 on my way to work a few minutes ago.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just left the dealer in Columbus, Georgia. They have one of each color. They just hit the showroom floor and will not stay there long. Oh ya they are $300 over MSRP. My buddy there bet me $100 that the Black & Special Edition Green will not make it over the weekend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts