Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did a bit of research on the 250 production race bike from the "Big 4" in the early 90's and realized that the ninja we're driving around today are horribly inferior... Why does the US always get shafted when a product isn't build for a horribly overweight and lazy person? I mean seriously, what does a skinny, hard working guy gotta do to get a decent skinny, hard working motorcycle around here?! Yes, I'm stereotyping, no, you don't have to take offense to it. I aim my stereotypes AWAY from fellow members of this board, and mean no harm. The ZXR250, CBR250RR, GSXR250 and FZR250 all had a lot more power than out little twin, aluminum frames and crap... It's time to build a nasty little Ninja250 ;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
yea it looks like they are all putting out around 40-45 hp...
although the zx-2r or zxr250, cbr250, gsx-r250 are ALL inline 4s... where as we are a parallel twin. this accounts for the discrepancy in power output. and, as you can see, none of them are in production any more. they were probably displaced by 500s that didnt have to wind out so high to get that same power...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I see what you mean but how much would you be ready to pay today for a higher performance 250cc ? this is where it gets close to pay for something like a SV650 for exemple...
The strenght of the ninja250 is it's bang for the buck. I know it could be more powerfull but then, you have to pay for it.

Jon

In Canada the previous version of the ninja250 was a little better than the the one in the US (aluminium frame, etc) but it was selling for 2000$cdn more than the one we have today.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I heard that the 250R was developed for the UK limited power legislation.. This bike saved me over £500 in lessons and test costs, so I'm really not that annoyed by it!

·
Registered
70 Posts
i was not impressed when i came across those figures whilst researching 250cc alteratives. of course the ninja could be more powerful, but remember that this bike costs much less than the other older bikes. plus the twin cylinder 250r has more useable torque than the old 4 cylinders. but i totally think my bike is too heavy for its power, the 250r should weigh no more than 120kg, but it weighs 152kg. i shaved off a few kilos here and there, but it still aint no lightweight warrior yet. did someone say carbon wheels?

·
Registered
874 Posts
the only difference is that the ninja250 looks a lot better.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I don't want any one to know about the XZ2R.OK just hush up about it.

All I have to do is get someone to ship me one from Australia put it together and pound all the land speed record to pulp. It will do over 130 mph stock the 4 cylinder 250cc engine turns 17000 rpm .

So if you all don't mind I would like to keep it a secret . So Don't tell anyone about it. ;)

·
Registered
646 Posts
The point is Rayme the Ninja 250R's aren't even classifiable as a simple sportbike, Even without the super. They're but a humble road bike in a sporty wrapping with some interesting abilities for a road bike.. But they are just that.. A road bike :p

Not to give the intention I don't like my Ninja.. Because I do adore my little priss.. But I can't wait to really enter the sport world. Quite a few CBR250RR and ZZR250 rides haven't helped that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I didn't even know these bikes existed!!! I found some youtube videos of them. HOLY CRAP! They sound incredible! Really high redlines, more power, the sportbike sound! I'm with spooph, where is my motorcycle at! With all the R&D these companies have they could make these EASY.

Nice thread

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Ratty said:
The point is Rayme the Ninja 250R's aren't even classifiable as a simple sportbike, Even without the super. They're but a humble road bike in a sporty wrapping with some interesting abilities for a road bike.. But they are just that.. A road bike :p

Not to give the intention I don't like my Ninja.. Because I do adore my little priss.. But I can't wait to really enter the sport world. Quite a few CBR250RR and ZZR250 rides haven't helped that.
+1 ratty that was a great sum-up of the bike.

And I think spooph hates fat people lol.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh guys, you're awesome, you make me smile!

Yes, I hear the cost effectiveness argument, I just wish there were other alternatives... I don't ride a 250 because I HAVE TO, I ride a 250 because I WANT to... Well, and because I don't have a lotta points left on my license...
Not that any of these hot bikes would help out the license thing either, but oh my gosh, a 20K redline on some of them.... That's music!!!! Screw Metallica

http://www.youtube.com/v/B9GATJztgdQ&hl=en&fs=1

Anyways, Ratty, you're on dude!

Virtual, how'd you guess? You've found me out.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I need a mod stat!!! My post no worky right... I tried to fix it. I just cut and paste the embed code from YouTube, why the double video and extra coding?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Soon as I get my new computer I'll throw up some pictures of my mates CBR250RR's and soon.. I'll have some drag comparisons and such. So stay on the edge of your seats until then.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts