Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the brts system replaces the ignition.

but WHAT controls the timing in the stock unit? could we potentially change the internals that control the timing to achieve the same affect as the brts?

~audi

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
The timing is controlled by the ignition controll unit. The stock unit has the timing set at 35 deg .The Brt allows you to adjust the timing

·
Registered
347 Posts
AUDACIA said:
So there is no way to tweak the stock settings unless you buy their unit?
Why wouldn't one be able to modify the existing system?
I do not think it ISN'T possible to 'tweak the existing CDI', but unless you are very experienced in what you are doing in circuitry and programming, I think monetary issues would lead you right back to the same conclusion: BRT_tis.

Racer X was facing the problem of having a piece custom made in which he could advance or retard ignition spots, it was going to cause him thousands.

It is one of those things that when you break it down, $180 shipped for a great two map, or a fully adjustable $300 shipped from 30 spots across the band, you are doing something most of us non-FI 250R owners could never dream of doing for a very reasonable price.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I was going to make my own system. First thing I found out was the Ninja 250 pick up's don't talk to an MSD or a power commander. SO I would have to start from scratch. AS you know I am serous about this.. The prices I got from a company called Motech was thousands of dollars. When Matt gave me this BRT-Tis system for a couple hundred I was very relieved .There are ways to trick the system by moving the pick ups and all . But if you are serous just buy the thing and don't bother reinventing the wheel . All you will come up with in the end is a BRT_tis.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha. true.

with this infusion of money I see 12.5-13 to 1 pistons this winter.

Id love to feel the powerband on it after they break in!
The ignition system could be coming too, but first things first, Got to buy a new ignition for my car, its dieing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.