Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have adapted an ignition control unit from a 1988-1994 ex250 to my 2008 Ninja. the stock ignition timing is [email protected] rpm. Now it has 42 [email protected] rpm. also the rev limiter is set to 15000 rpm. I dont need to rev that high . But hitting the limiter will runin a run at maxton. The bike seems to feel more powerfull at 9000 rpm . But I will have to test it some more

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Do they make aftermarket ignition systems for the 250? I know you can get aftermarket ignition modules for most cars. Some can be adjusted via computer, too. You might want to look into whether or not such things ate made for the 250.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No one makes anything . I have spent a year on the phone with MSD Haltech and modoc . I will have to have a custom system made for my race engine. The problem is the pick ups on a 250 will not produce a signal any aftermarket unit will reconise. Something to do with pulse width.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The wiring is different . It should work. the revlimiter for 07 is14500 rpm. The only ones that wont work is 1986-87 they use a dual pick up.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This s#$t rocks. I GOT to get to a dyno. The pull from 9000 rpm even with the 42 tooth rear sprocket I use at Maxton last week is terrific. I can't wait to see what the print out looks like.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well it just works great . I have 1500 miles on it so far. The rev limit is 15000 rpm . and the bike runs very well with a full Yoshi and K&N filters.

I am taking it to the track soon .
Plus as a side note . I don't have the problem with the igniter changing RPM when hot that so many 08 ninjas have had.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just got a wiring harness from a 88-94 ex 250 and an igniter. Then jumped the wires to for the stock one (after removing the stock ignighter). the colors are the same but one . and one wire is not used. But I cant recal which one . But there is nothing to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Racer X said:
I just got a wiring harness from a 88-94 ex 250 and an igniter. Then jumped the wires to for the stock one (after removing the stock ignighter). the colors are the same but one . and one wire is not used. But I cant recal which one . But there is nothing to it.
approximate cost on something like this?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
7 deg ignition advance (42 deg instead of 35 deg )and 15000 rpm rev limit . The stock engine dose not make power over about 12000 but when racing the 13500 limit is to low.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.