Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could suggest improvements, for the next Ninja-step, up the evolutionary ladder... what would they be?

I'd like to see raising the crease along the sides of the fuel tank an inch. That would allow persons with more than a 30 inch inseam to properly grip the tank in turns.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
update the headlamps a little, make them more aggressive

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I have been through this before . What I want is an Aprilia rs 250 with a 50hp four stroke motor and made by Kawasaki. SO it wont brake all the time, and I can get parts. I know it would cost as much as a 600 so they wont sell it. SO to answer the QUESTION.What should be the next upgrade.Knowing they have to keep it under 30 hp to sell it in Europe.
Styling only I guess. FI would be nice. I don't care but everyone wants it. The headlight would be the obvious thing I think separate lights like the new 650. and make a naked version. like the En 650. also I think the tires could be Radial .

·
Registered
874 Posts
make it look like the 09-10 zx6r, but a 250

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
GSX-R exhaust!

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Wish List:

FI
Digital tach/spedo
Fuel gauge that works
Turn signal mirrors

Other than that I think the bike is fine!

What are the benefits of the 150 rear tire? Never understood it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Delta107 said:
What are the benefits of the 150 rear tire? Never understood it.
The performance benefits? None really. Visual benefit? It looks way better.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
I'm all about cost for a stock bike, so all I would do is give it FI. You can do the rest on your own budget rather than being forced to pay an arm and a leg because Kawasaki knows they have a winner. Sort of what they've been doing jacking up the price every year sincel the 2008.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm sorry, but if Kawasaki does nothing to the 250 for the next 10 years, you can bet they're going to raise the price every year! So back to the question; ideas for the next evolution of the 250 ? Tuneable ( meaning better ) suspension and double disc front brakes. Would be nice it the could figure out how to make the bike weight less. Factory optional rearsets and clipons.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I would love to see:

FI
Higher mount stock exhaust - why does the 6 and 10 sound so good stock, and the 250 like a sewing machine?
Fairing more accommodating to clip-ons
Temp gauge (1/2 - 1/2, fuel on one side, temp on the other)
dual front discs
the tank modification mentioned above

um, um, I'm gonna go with what X said.... :D

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
If they keep bumping up the MSRP every year without adding anything. Kawi is going to lose the 250 market and people are just going to buy their dream bike or start off with a 600. the price of the 650r is looking real good.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Delta107 said:
If they keep bumping up the MSRP every year without adding anything. Kawi is going to lose the 250 market and people are just going to buy their dream bike or start off with a 600. the price of the 650r is looking real good.
Already that Yamaha YZF250 and YT250 are looking sick to a lot of people. I'm passionate about Kawasaki but come on!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
got more info on that YZF250 Virt? I haven't seen anyhing yet! only the 125, which is more of a match to the CBR125

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
spooph said:
Higher mount stock exhaust - why does the 6 and 10 sound so good stock, and the 250 like a sewing machine?
it sounds like that because its only a twin. nomatter what pipe you throw on a 250 it will never compare to even a stock zx2r sound. its something about having 4 cyl that makes it that much more radical. which is why i will never buy a ducati, as nice as they are i dislike the grunt sound of the twin. dont get me wrong i am an individual and i know some people love the sound, so dont take this as an attack, im simply giving my opinion... ;D

having said that, i will give you all a peek at my next bike... which i wont be getting for a few years, but none-the-less...

BMW S1000RR

with ABS, Traction control, and all the other sick ass options! ;)

So i guess if i were to have a hand in re-designing the 250 yet again, it would be a 4 cylinder!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Crushed, good choice! That bike is sick!

Back to the exhaust. I'm not taking your comment as an attack, so don't take mine that way either. I do like Duc's, VTR, Aprilia, and all those other V-twin type bikes. I generally find the fours are way too "Lazer Beam" for me. To focused, to clean, too smooth. I like a bike with a lump in it's voice.... I heard a Ninja650R with a stubby little exhaust the other day, and albeit too loud, the thuddering of the twin was music to my ears! Same thing with an aftermarket exhaust on the 250, beautiful! But you've seen the pics of the stock can opened up, it has a plate in there, with 3 little holes to breath through... And it's not even that quiet when it gets up there in RPM's...

So, I understand you like 4's, but to me, it's not SO much about WHICH voice is heard, as long as that voice is allowed to be heard. The 250's is just beyond muffled.... Freakin Kawasaki!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
crushedcamber said:
it sounds like that because its only a twin.
I have to disagree with you on this one, Crushed.

Sure I love big twins, and the sound they make... but I was raised on Honda 350 twins, with stubby down-swept exhaust, and they sounded GREAT. Spooph is right...they're has to be a better compromise between the annoying blatt of a glass pack, and the kazoo-sounding stock muffler.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts