Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If tighten the chain will i go any fatser? if i can then how can i do it? and if no then why cant i go faster?

·
Registered
28 Posts
No.

Because that's just the way it is. ??? it's common sense.
If you tighten a little Huffy bike's chain will it go faster than when it was a little bit looser? no...

Though, having your chain properly tightend will improve preformance.
& fyi: A chain that is too tight is as much a taboo as one that is too loose.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Add pedals. ;D

Just kidding.

If you are trying to break that 90 mph barrier, get rid of the stock gearing. Anything faster than a real 104 mph, see darkhorse.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Mine does too with no mods other than gearing. Now GPS it and see what you get and you will see what I mean.

Re: DARKHORSE goes 110 mph and Breaks a record at the Maxton Mile!
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 08:00:34 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote
Thanks guys I fought the wind all day saturday and on sunday .Later sunday it all came together the wind shifted .I had my tuck figured out . And I did not go back to the 43tooth rear gear. Iwas thinking about it. So 110.530mph Backed up with a109.9 .On a stock speedo that would be123 mph.

G

·
I've had mine up to 104mph (stock) but haven't pushed it to the absolute limit yet. I've been pushing my luck too hard lately, the cops are going to catch me eventually. Don't want to lose my license, you know your motorcycle license is the same as your driver's license. I will drive and ride law or no law.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Over tightening your chain will actually make the bike slower. Like Casull said, the chain needs to be PROPERLY tensioned. If not, you'll be wasting power not getting to the wheel fluidly (loose), or scrubbing power off due to too much friction (tight).

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
zartan, when did you get the 2009 gas-electric hybrid model of the 250R? I thought they weren't due till 2010?!?!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts