Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2008 Zx6r is all stock except for a slip on Jardine under tail exhaust. Any idea on what my idle rpm Should be at? I bought this bike about two weeks ago, and not sure if the previous owner preferred the idle to be at 2k rpm?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim said:
Should be 1300rpm I'm sure, however if the bikes warmed up and it won't tick over happily at that you should maybe think about a service (plugs?).
Thanks Jim! The bike has currently and going up around 8600 miles on it. Does Kawasaki rec. a 9000 mile or 10k mile service done? I have put just around 1000 miles on it and when I bought it I instantly did an oil change.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Shooter said:
Thanks Jim! The bike has currently and going up around 8600 miles on it. Does Kawasaki rec. a 9000 mile or 10k mile service done? I have put just around 1000 miles on it and when I bought it I instantly did an oil change.
I have a 2010 ninja and I have set the idle around 1700 !this stops it bogging slightly and having to slip the clutch too much for an emergency start :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is that a quick getaway from rogue tractor drivers and farmers in Ranger Rovers with bullhorns lmao. Saw a big smash where a truck went into the back of a tractor on the A47. (^_−)−☆

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.