Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding my bike normally today and when I went to stop I downshifted and eased up to the stop sign. Well for some reason my bike started making a wierd noise and shut off. When I went to start it the engine wouldn't turn over and I kept playing around with it until it did. Once it turned over the bike sat their and idled at 6000 and when I put the bike in first it went down to 4000 without me touching the throttle. So I get going and the bike is jumping and acting up and it eventually slows down and wouldn't go past 7000 rpm and 50 mph? I have no clue what to do since this is my first bike and all maintained has been done as said by the previous owner. Please help

· Registered
674 Posts
Sounds strangely familiar, like this thread - http://www.newninja.com/forums/f97/high-high-high-idle-revs-help-7589.html

Hopefully we'll get some info about the problem from the OP in that one.

Otherwise, first thing I would do is empty the tank and fill with fresh 87 octane without Ethanol and 1oz per gal of Seafoam or Techron. Next I'd check the condition of the air filter and the throttle for proper function.

Jay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.