Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! Hey boys and girls I need your help a bit. Because of my stupidness I have twisted off this screw! Something fell down on the ground. I found only spark. I guess there should be some washer either. Am I right? Now I can start my bike up but after engine is warmed up when I close a choke it dies... :mad: I was trying to find that hole where the idle screw goes but I couldn't! Does anybody know what should I do to get this fixed? What should I take off? Fairing? Seat? Gas Tank? What esle? WHere is location of that hole where screw goes in? If anybody have had such trouble please help me! Or if anybody knows hot to fix this. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
P.S. (I'm newb :) thats why very dummy yet. Only got my bike and was able to dropp it already! I hate myself ;D)

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was researching service manual but found nothing in there! It says only about how to adjust and what rpm is the best for idle. I already removed right fairing and still cant fix it! I cant see anything whats going on inside and where this freaking screw goes in!!! :mad: What about what I have lost? As I said I found only spark. Thats it :(

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thank you :) So at least I know where to search. I took off right fairing because I dropped my bike on the right side :( Got to fix crack on the plastic :( So I'm gonna take off right fairing either. Prompt me please what else do I need except spark ? Probably a washer? I didnt find any information in service manual what should be on this screw. Anyway thanks a lot to everybody who is trying to help! Thanks! I love you ;D

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
The more you screw it tight the the higher the rpm (u have to do this when choke is not been used) ... now what is the regular settng on the rpm u have to refer to your manual

·
Registered
331 Posts
"what else do I need except spark ? "

Been wondering for several days what you mean by S P A R K.

Did you mean spring?

From your pic all what's missing are a small washer and a stopper that prevents the spring from moving down over the flexy tube.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you Thank you guys !! :) :) Now I got it! Thanks for pictures they help a lot!! Sorry about SPARK... ;D I thought its correct word for this thing. My primary language isn't english. Thats why I messed up :-[ Told ya I'm dumb ass ;D Sorry again and thanks again to all ya!!
And one more question: where can I get those missing parts? Local Kawasaki dealer? Where else?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What kind of washer do I need? Does anybody know? Sorry for asking such weird questions but still maybe someone know.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Looks like that's the stopper.Now find a washer that has a hole big enough to slip over top of stopper and sits on the flange.Outside diameter a bit bigger than the stopper's.Good luck!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Eric, can you tell me where did you get those pictures when you showed me where screw goes and which parts I have missed. Do you have service manual for computer? I have it but I cant find those pictures in it. Can you tell me in which section I have to search? THank you :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Don't tell any one.I do have a copy of the original workshop manual for '09 EX250K9F(FI).Also a copy of Parts catalog.Don't ask where and how I got it.It's tabu(yeah,right).The pic I showed you is in the part catalog page C6,grid:Throttle.
As per your question where to search.It's covered in section " Fuel System(DFI)" page 3-103.But it's not very clear.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts