Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i had an idea a few weeks ago but just haven't tried to see if it would work. using the front tire fairing as a mold for a rear tire huger. today i pulled off my front tire fairing and placed it on my rear tire, and it seems to a perfect fit for the rear tire just make a mold of the fairing with some fiberglass and add some custom glass brackets to i dunno tape to the swing arm and it would a working rear tire huger that matched the fairing style of the bike for the price of some glass resin and body filler. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Re: rear tire huger.

do it and document it... Great idea... I would wrap the front fender in cling wrap plastic, put a release agent over that and then lay the fiberglass straight over the fender... NO messing with mold or nothin... Unless of course you wanna mold in the swing arm mounts.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

when i said mold thats what i ment lol. i was going to cover the fairing with masking tape and coat it with some vasaline, i figured that would suffice.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

gawsh, well i have been without a job for a while now but i am getting a new job so when the new finances start rolling in this is one of those things i have really been wanting to try.
thanks for the baby powder idea, that seems like it would work really well. besides the mess lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts