Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be in the market for a new lid at the end of this season.
Existing helmet is still okay, but it's 3 yrs old and research i've done says that helmets should be turned over every 3 years.
....huh.....

Up to now I have been wearing a modular/flip-up style helmet (by Zoan). Decent helmet as a starter and for the price, but holy SNAP the darn thing is loud. I'm changing back to a full face helmet... Anyway. I'm looking at the icon airframe as my next helmet. Anyone have any experience, good or bad, with this brand/model?

Thanks

An

A

· Registered
6 Posts
I don't have any experience with the helmet you're looking at excepted for picking one up and trying it on. To me, very heavy and not comfy enough. My advice would be to get an Arai. They are the best hands down. Anyone tells you they're not, they don't wear one. lol They do cost more but that's for a reason. Try looking at compacc.com, they have a bunch plus alot of them are on closeout. Good luck.

· Registered
50 Posts
Try sportbiketrackgear.com some of the same helmets compact.com have they have 100 dollars cheaper. I got my Exo-1000 on there for 99.00 free shipping compacc.com wanted 174 for the same helmet supposedly there close out price to. And I've seen some of the same arai helmets 100 to 120 cheaper

· Registered
420 Posts
Air frames are decent, they're made by HJC. We had problems with the rubber piece around the bottom and the plastic piece on the top and inside of the front coming apart though. They flow air pretty well, but that makes them a little noisy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.