Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my impatience finally got to me...I took it out and slipped on ice and did some damage. Broke my wrist and need surgery, and my clavicle. Bike isn't bad though, just needs a new fairing and gear shift lever, other than that, i rode it back to my house after the disaster. Check the pics...ANyone interested and located near the RI area, its for sale... i need to heal up in the mean time before I get back on a bike...Laterrr

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had helmet, gloves, boots and a really heavy padded jacket...it looked like a puddle but it was ice...went straight over it but had no chance..wasnt even turning..Im gonna get a new bike, when I graduate in 2 years, im in a doctorate program so Im gonna make sure my academics dont get postponed. Waiting for the 2011 yamaha r6 haha

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ehhh kinda miserable...but my gf is doing a good job of taking care of me...i just dont know how i picked the bike up and rode it back after i broke my wrist and clavicle, it still boggles me...so much adrenaline just nuts..
-Benson

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
im sorry to hear that man :(

Good luck with the doc!

yeh as virt said have a look at aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry to hear that tinted... hope you recover real soon.... Was thinking of hitting the road now to go home and its raining but after reading what happened to you, I guess it wouldn't hurt to wait a little while longer.... take care and all the best on the doctorate... Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey guys,
Please be careful...its not worth it to get 1 extra day early riding season..and then end up having to miss the ENTIRE season...ice is scary, Im lucky it wasnt worse
-Benson

·
Registered
192 Posts
Damn ya breaking your collar bone SUCKS!!!! I hair lined mine then went to do an up-down in football prac and pushed up and snapped it clean in 2. Just wait till you get a chill and your bones bang together. lol Glad your ok tho!!!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Six weeks to heal that up . You will have some lumps to show off. Sorry to hear about it . That is what happens when you ride in winter. you forget how bad ice patches are. And that they can come form nowhere. If you ride down a street . Twenty minutes later it can be covered with ice. Over night pipes brake all sorts of thing happen to ice over a road. Then here you come riding like normal .
Hope you OK .Tame a vitamin supplement and eat lots of food and sleep lots. Try to get you blood flowing every day . It makes a big difference when healing up broken bones.
Did you brake your primary wrist?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
broke my radius that goes into the wrist...the bone is basically on top of the wrist bones so it has to be shoved into place through a live XRay procedure or surgery with plates and screws...hopefully everything turns out Ok :-\

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
ouch. the hand is a tough injury. You will be surprised how much you use them. If you are right handed and injure your right hand or wrist. You get to learn to use the other very well. It comes in "handy" sometimes.

·
Registered
267 Posts
darkhorse said:
ouch. the hand is a tough injury. You will be surprised how much you use them. If you are right handed and injure your right hand or wrist. You get to learn to use the other very well. It comes in "handy" sometimes.
LOL...you kill me darkhorse. well played.

sorry to hear about the drop. hope you have a speedy recovery.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.