Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met up at the guys house, never met any of these riders before. I was told it was going to be a slower ride, pick up the speed in the corners, speed limit where they knew cops would be stationed... Well, apparently 90-110 is a slower ride. ::) We averaged 85mph over the 5 hours we rode, about half an hour of which was at a pace slower than a walk (on the lakeshore here in MI, it was a complete stand still... Sucked). I saw at one time that we were doing 90 in a 45. :eek:

First stop we made for gas, about 45 minutes into the ride.. For some reason she snapped a picture of me?

Second stop we made, Grattan Racetrack. They were running when we showed up, decided to stay and watch a couple laps.. Seeing those guys bomb into the corners like they did was sick. Some of the bikes stood up on the front wheel entering the corner, the rear hovering about 2 inches off the ground, throw it over on it's side, scrape some knee, then right back on the throttle towards their next corner. Way cool.

All together, we did about 250 miles, only 60 of which were highway.. The rest were 90-100 mph twisties.

And to those of you who say the 250 has corner speeds comparable to the bigger bikes? I'd love to see a 250 get up to the speeds we were going and maintain them through a corner.. That would be wide open in 6th. Not bashing at all, just saying that anything smaller than a 600 would have had a hard time keeping up with this group. ;D

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Showoff!!!! looks like you had fun!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I see the Icon helmet i've been drooling over for the last 6 months... I'm buyin it. Looks like a great ride. I'm jealous. T1gawa, rinachandayo, and i haven't been able to ride yet.... :(

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I'm not seeing the pics, something wrong with my computer?

Travisty, glad to hear everybody lived to enjoy another day, oh and come to CO. I'll show you some twisties...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
spooph said:
I'm not seeing the pics, something wrong with my computer?

Travisty, glad to hear everybody lived to enjoy another day, oh and come to CO. I'll show you some twisties...
I'd love to Spooph. Have you heard about the ROC 4 going on, I think next weekend? You should make that trek out to St Louis, MO... I will if you do. ;)

No one went down, no one was pulled over (it helps when you have a cop as the tail bike, a cop who rides a stretched, dropped and NOS-shotted 'Busa), and we had beautiful 75* weather for it.. Honestly couldn't have asked for a better day.

Thanks for the comments guys!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Travisty said:
No one went down, no one was pulled over (it helps when you have a cop as the tail bike, a cop who rides a stretched, dropped and NOS-shotted 'Busa),
Thats a classic!!!! :D

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Travisty, this weekend I'm hiking Longs Peak with the Lady and her family... Otherwise I might've done it. I don't know about ROC4, linky? OH, and I'm just about done with my Eliminator, which means I can start working on the Ninjette again, which means I can finally start doing those turn signals I've been wanting to do for so long...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure about a link, but it's one of the biggest FTP rides in the country. Ride of the Century 4. I don't know why St Louis was chosen, maybe for it's central location? There are more than a couple bikes from around my area cruising down there.. Still debating about going, but I don't know about 500 highway miles. Kinda boring. :-\

I can't WAIT to see your interpretation of flush mounts Spooph! I'm sure they'll turn out awesome, and have a nice little write up with them, just like everything else you seem to get your hands on.

How's the GoPro working? Seeing the quality out of your video is making me seriously consider getting that cam.. Would have been nice on that group ride I took last weekend.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
fo sho, it's absolutely worth the money! I'll make a video of my Eliminator as soon as I get it all squared away - I have a leaky, stripped, final drive drain screw. So, time to drill and tap a bigger one! Once it's all A-spec and I don't feel like I'm gonna die on my way to work, I'll take some pics and a video.... And the Loser will be a much quicker fix, and then we get to the fun projects!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've seen that video. I know the Ninja can do it, but what about the corners where we were doing in excess of 120? Again, I'm sure the Ninja could take those corners at those speeds, but you'd have to find one that could do that speed in the first place. ::)

Spooph: I eagerly await any updates you throw out there, they're always worth it. Keep the sticky side down man. 8)

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
It all depends on the type of corners. My buddy has an R6 and we ride all the time. Some of the spots we ride the corners are big swooping corners where 100+ is easy on 600cc+ bikes. The place where the 250 will dominate is on the tight twisty roads. I have killed the 600 on super twisty roads. But then again, I hvae been left behind on open swooping roads.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've never ridden with another 250, and the only time I had ever gone fast on the Ninja with another rider was on a straight-away. He was on a Honda 650 single, and he kept up (but couldn't pass) just fine. Even stayed with me perfectly in the corners, and he was on knobbies.

I'd love to get a ride with some of the 250 owners in my area, I know there are 3-4 of them and go for a ride with my group, but I don't see that happening in all honesty.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts