Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off...I'm lacking the correct wording I'm sure. :facepalm: Here's what I want to do:

Start tracking my 250 with a 250 league, class, or whatever it's called. I want to do a class where the bike remains stock, or as close to stock as possible. It's still my commuter, and I want to have fun with it.

I'm trying to do racing on the cheap pretty much. After tracking my old ZX-10, I know it would be down right dangerous for me and others to have any 500cc or bigger bikes on the track with me, so that kind of tosses out track days.

What's out there, and what organization is best to do it? I'm located in Eastern NC, so I fall under the SW area of the states. I have a nice trailer set up, so my closest big known tracks would be Atlanta and VIR.

Am I chasing a lost cause? Or should I just man up, and get a track only 600 or something?

·
Registered
928 Posts
First of all I think you mean your in the SE area of the States...

I don't know of any leagues, classes, or tracks, but have fun and be safe. I don't think there is anything wrong with tracking your 250. Would be a blast to do. I don't have the money or time, or really guts to do a track day...I would get ran over lol

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
WERA is the place you wanna check.. A 250 production cup is what you want to look for, for race class. Also, check go-kart tracks in your area, some let you ride there, and that's a perfect place for small displacement bike likes the 250.... :D Hope this helps. Post up with you find, eh?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.