Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 2002 R6 and I loved the blue and white lines on it.
Now I have a blue 250R and I want to try and do something to add some color.
Has anyone done anything like that, or can you give me some good ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kawi do a couple of decent sticker sets, including a MotoGP pack if you're into the race replica thing. Tapeworks have some cool stuff too, from relective bodywork decals to rimstripes of every imaginable flavor and more.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Sines by tomorrow will print anything you want.Or try Vinyl wrap.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
joeRWMN said:
I can photoshop you up an example, or maybe I'll just draw it.

Blue Powdercoated wheels with a yellow fat lip and hub. Blue Angels written in Cursive on the side. Yellow line down the middle. I think it would look great. But thats personal taste.

Perfect metaphor. Sport Bike, Fighter Jet
Sure why not! I want anodized blue powder coated rims please yes I know its not the Blue angels color but I think it would look sick.

·
Registered
94 Posts
do it! I've seen the blue angels at least a dozen times. I always liked the thunderbirds a bit better, but I think it's because I have a soft spot for the F-16. Oh and moyerj, you can't go wrong with blue and white accents, try some different ideas out.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
joeRWMN said:
I always thought that a Blue Angels bike would be cool. I'm probably alone on that one. I almost wound up with a blue one and thats what I was going to do. Blue and Yellow.

I loved the Air Show as a kid.
Joe remind me to take a picture of a picture I got the day I was born from the blue angels lol. They signed it for me and everything! I'll have one tomorrow if I remember.

F-22 is sick as hell. I remember all the problems they had at first but they fixed it up real quick.

·
Registered
267 Posts
yes, yes...
stealth capabilities
supersonic cruise speeds without afterburners
thrust vectors for better handling
awesome weapons aresnal
the list goes on.

I know a certain somebody who was in charge of the Raptor program (not gonna mention names though)

·
4,853 Posts
hahaha with that list which is public knowlege, it makes me wonder what other things it can do that they dont tell us.

Not changing the subject or anything (bike decals) my uncle flew the SR-71 Blackbirds and he told me they flew twice as fast as it said on paper, and much higher than it did on paper. Not to mention a few other things it could do that lockheed and the Air Force/NASA kept top secret.

·
Registered
267 Posts
yea, those things flew so fast that they were mostly used for recon and video taping. it had a weapons system but the aircraft actually flew faster than most of its projectiles, haha. I bet he had some pretty sweet stories about that though.

·
4,853 Posts
Not really ahahaha he couldnt tell me much, just technical stuff, really awesome stories of missions and refuel problems lol.

·
Registered
267 Posts
did those things refuel in mid-air. most people don't realize it, but a mid-air refuel is one of the most difficult tasks a pilot has to do.

sorry everybody, this turned into a dknollrx7-virtual thread about various aircraft of today and yesteryear, haha.

·
4,853 Posts
hahaha a blackbird 250!!!! lol

yeah they refueled mid air, almost stalling the bird because the tanker could only go around 350mph. Which makes me wonder why they didnt make it a conard configuration, even if the wings could retract...would've made it much easier. The blackbird would have to refuel about 5 minutes after take off because it would stretch the skin going so fast and shaking so violently it would leak fuel. So once they refueled in air they could go for about 6 hours then have to refuel again depending on usage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts