Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cannot wait to get my 250!! I have 1000 saved up and I still can't get approved to finance the other 3 grand. It's so annoying I want to get it now so I can get some summer riding in an maybe have some fun modding it . But the world Hates me :(

·
Registered
176 Posts
lol, I think we all understand the your hype. And I don't blame you one bit for hanging on to get the style of bike you want.

Check the classifieds for odd jobs. Is the dealer hiring? Even retail positions get a discount. If it is a dealer, keep going in. Be friendly yet mature and talk with the guy/girl, the worst that happens is you talk about bikes over and over again (I don't get bored of it)

Reaching out to family and friends is a way too. An extra $10 means you only got 2990 to go!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I mean I have a full time job. I'm only 19 tho so I make 9 an hour . So I could probly get it by end of summer or maybe a month after . Just wish I could get it sooner to get some riding in :) just overly excited is all :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Then it sounds like you got room for another part-time job! I'm just saying if you really want to get riding in this year. You can. And if you do buckle down and do it, it will feel that much better when you start riding it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Near fall is a better time to buy prices come down. If I would have waited I could have gotten an 2007 650r for 400 more then what I paid for my 2005 500r. But I didn't wait!! I was kicking myself but you live and learn.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got my new 2012 model ninja 250 and I had to wait for the finance to! There really crap but if you can get someone to go down with you ? Like a mum or dad they let you in a lot quicker
On the other hand I'm paying 8000 for my bike but in the end I'm paying Over 10 so if you can save for it, it will save you alot of money.
I'm 20 and a full time job but it's still hard sometimes with the payments constantly coming out.

But soooooo fun when you actually get the bike

·
Registered
207 Posts
devans2011 said:
Do prices at the dealership go down too? Or just private sellers
Toward the end of riding season (Oct. Thru winter) dealers may not actually drop prices per say but they will be more inclined to work with you on price. I know in my area road bikes tend to slow in sales but dirt bikes keep selling. Especially smaller cc bike that people buy there kids for Christmas. Plus dealers want to start making room for new model year bikes on the showroom floor. Especially if there is a redesign of a certain model they may want to get that old model outta there so they could steeply discount it.
Also try to find new leftover models. I bought my '10 ninja in March 2012 and it was a brand new bike with only 1 mile. They dropped price from $4400 down to $3799. The new 250 is selling like hotcakes here as I got lucky and first to put a deposit on it. The day I went to pay for the bike in full there were at least 3 people who asked about it but were told it was sold. So they went and looked at another 250r. I also seen at the same dealership brand new '09 cruisers still for sale at deeply discounted prices.
I have noticed though around Feb. of each year the used bike market on sites like Craigslist and cycle trader jumps. Being that it is tax time and some people owe Uncle Sam sell off their bike to pay the taxes they owe. Some people can get really desperate too and sell their bike at a great price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.