Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 18.

My budget is very low (less than $1,500)

My first choice is a Ninja. (Which is why I'm here asking for help on how to find one)

I'm fine with a bike that has cosmetic damage as long as it runs fine. Any suggestions? Mileage and year doesn't matter much either. ;)

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
674 Posts
My suggestion - start buying used gear off of CL. Take a MSF course. Save your money.

Your best bet will be an older (before 200- eight - dam smileys) Ninja 250. They are out there. If you are handy you can search for one that's not running, but you need to be careful...

My son found a 04 with under 300 mi, not running, for under $1000. If you find the bike first, be sure to save enough money for a complete set of gear and insurance. Check the insurance rates before you buy anything.

Jay

·
Registered
630 Posts
I had managed to save up $2000 for my first bike, but my father lost a tire on his van, so he borrowed money from my motorcycle savings leaving me $600 less in my budget. I went to the bank and took out a personal loan which wasn't hard to get and I bought my bike off craigslist and all these months later, I'm still riding it.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I had managed to save up $2000 for my first bike, but my father lost a tire on his van, so he borrowed money from my motorcycle savings leaving me $600 less in my budget. I went to the bank and took out a personal loan which wasn't hard to get and I bought my bike off craigslist and all these months later, I'm still riding it.
$600 for a tire? Damn...

·
Registered
630 Posts
$600 for a tire? Damn...
One tire blew and another was bald, so over $400 for two tires and labour costs and he had to get his van inspected. It's insanely high price, but I get repayed when he gets his tax return.

N i tthought ur bike was still broke
I found the clutch cable was way out of adjustment, electrics in my bike work just fine. I think I have the cable working now, but it isn't perfect, but I'm back out on the interstate and lane splitting, so all is well there.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
One tire blew and another was bald, so over $400 for two tires and labour costs and he had to get his van inspected. It's insanely high price, but I get repayed when he gets his tax return.

I found the clutch cable was way out of adjustment, electrics in my bike work just fine. I think I have the cable working now, but it isn't perfect, but I'm back out on the interstate and lane splitting, so all is well there.
N u never took the time to even tell me....
I'm putting in 4 the devorce right now....LOL

·
Registered
630 Posts
N u never took the time to even tell me....
I'm putting in 4 the devorce right now....LOL
You never came down to fix my bike, so we're even. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.