Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for everything. I felt like an outcast for buying my 250 last year. But at the time i had never rode any type of bike plus it was all that was in my budget. My friends who had bikes laughed at me (and still do at times) but the people here let me know that there is a big 250 community out there. I am the only 250 out of a group of 25-40 people with 600s-1000s. But I feel like I have better riding skills than some of those people because I had to grow as a rider quickly cause yes they burn me on straight aways but when it comes to cornering and things that takes actual skill I think that I beat them in that. I have been talking about selling my bike since september. If my credit score was 10 points higher I would've been able 2 get a new 1000 for around $7000 US with 1% finance charge. But finding this site and seeing all of the mods that are out there made me realize that I need to keep my bike because I do have fun on it, and I feel like if I get a bigger bike I will probably hurt myself because I have done some things that a bigger bike wouldn't have been able to recover from and I would've taken a dive (more like 3 of them that I can recall). But this is why I have spent $1000 for a lot of stuff from mods to general maintenance within this past week. It is my bike and I'm going to make it my bike. It will no longer be a stock blue ninja 250r. Sorry for the long post/rant I just needed to get that out there.

PS....We need someone to post a how to for LED's I'm looking at putting some blue ones on mine.

I have only seen like 3 or 4 other 250's in my area so I'm trying to make mine the best looking one. Well tubesock is in my area as well. Can't wait 2 meet up with him and ride some.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Sweet man, our community is really awesome, no site at all like it on the net. Glad you have fun with your bike, thats what its all about!

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
wow nice said. i got an 08 ninja and still get good compliments from any size bike rider. i just wish the weather would warm up a lil

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it's funny though, when I first started riding with this one group they was like a 250? looks nice but u won't be able 2 keep up. But when we got done they were like what's your name? They was like damn u give that 250 hell. So yeah now they all know my name and anytime a new person came up and was like a 250? they would be like don't count Rick out cuz he gives his 250 hell. If your not careful he might be passing u up. So that made me feel good. But everyone does compliment them. You wouldn't believe how many "is that a 600?" comments I get.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Hell Yea RD! You got the fever. There are lotsa arguments this way and that, none of which I'm going to post up cause at the end of the day, they're irrelevant. It's your freakin bike, and nobody else's opinion counts unless you let it! If you enjoy the 250, great! If you don't, upsize. If you'd have to extend yourself financially just to "fit in with the crowd", you're stupid!

I can't tell you how many 600's I've showed up in the corners, and I can't tell you how many times riders have showed me up - once a guy on a KLR was outriding me in the corners... I think he still can!

It's funny when people find out it's a 250 and immediately try to talk you into upgrading and you just sit there with a smile, not trying to talk them out of or into anything, but simply enjoying the fact that they have to be pushy about their ideas because you're more secure in yours....

ANd if that's one of your "rants", keep ranting, cause I like to read 'em!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Top stuff RD, I agree 100%!!! There is nothing more satisfying than getting to the end of a set of twisties and having a couple of people coming up to you and praising the way you handle the bike!!! There have been plenty of times when someone has come up and asked what it is, and the look on theor face when you tell them its a 250, just makes my day!!!

Bring it on!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
True friends don't care about what you ride, as long as you are on two wheels and having fun that's all that matters. I ride with bigger bikes also, the last time we did a mountain run I had my friends wanting to ride my 250. They could not believe that it could out handle the 1000's. They have a new respect for my lil ninja.

·
Registered
726 Posts
250 Ninjas have always had a loyal following, and for good reason... they're just fun.

Since buying my wife's, she rarely let's me ride it. :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
I love this post and im in your shoes right about now...i was contemplating on selling my bike for a 600...now ive come to a decision on keeping it...imma go out and get me an exhaust and extras for it...plus new gear! Alot of my friends have 600s and give me the same old line..."get a bigger bike so you can keep up"...im done with that...ive been away from this forum for a while now...and ive missed it....This is my first bike and im not about to get rid of it...ive had it almost 2 years now! thanks for this post!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
abe,

if you haven't done it yet I would suggest changing your rear sprocket to a 43 and I kept my front one stock. It makes 3rd gear feel like 4th. I am having 2 "relearn" shifting in a way because at first i could tell what gear I was in just by the way the throttle felt. But now when I'm in 3rd it feels like 4th. And I gained some top end speed and it just rides smoother. I can't wait for my group to go riding again so I can see if I can keep up better. Which I'm sure I can

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you are having trouble keeping up i would think you would want to go the other direction, More torque. I guess it depends if you are tearing up some twisties...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts