Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sometime, i heard a loud pop out of my exhaust when i turn on the engine. You guys have an idea what happen?

·
Registered
656 Posts
sonny25 said:
sometime, i heard a loud pop out of my exhaust when i turn on the engine. You guys have an idea what happen?
unspent charge from the engine igniting, backfires are caused prior to the combustion chamber and force gases out of the carburetors not the exhaust

·
Registered
18 Posts
What is a Backfire?
There are typically two kinds of engine backfires, one is generated from the intake manifold of the engine, and the second is expelled from the exhaust pipe at the rear of the car. A backfire is an explosion of sorts in the intake manifold or the exhaust system. A backfire occurs when there is an imbalance in the air to fuel ratio required for your vehicle to operate properly. If the fuel mixture is too lean (not enough fuel) you may have a backfire in the intake, or too rich (too much fuel) you may get a backfire out of the exhaust system. Most backfires are easily repaired by correcting the imbalance and providing a greater or lesser percentage of fuel to the mixture.

you stand corrected lol

·
Registered
656 Posts
adam owens said:
What is a Backfire?
There are typically two kinds of engine backfires, one is generated from the intake manifold of the engine, and the second is expelled from the exhaust pipe at the rear of the car. A backfire is an explosion of sorts in the intake manifold or the exhaust system. A backfire occurs when there is an imbalance in the air to fuel ratio required for your vehicle to operate properly. If the fuel mixture is too lean (not enough fuel) you may have a backfire in the intake, or too rich (too much fuel) you may get a backfire out of the exhaust system. Most backfires are easily repaired by correcting the imbalance and providing a greater or lesser percentage of fuel to the mixture.

you stand corrected lol
that hurts.

thanks for the correction.

the muffler on the 250r wouldn't allow that loud of a bang, i had a intake backfire a few days back and i thought someone shot a 22 next to my head.

its been fixed with a dynojet kit so no worries.

thanks for the clarification though

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
man, i wanna the dynojet kit so bad. Did you do it yourself or let the professional do it? How much does it cost ya if you let the pro do it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
sonny25 said:
man, i wanna the dynojet kit so bad. Did you do it yourself or let the professional do it? How much does it cost ya if you let the pro do it.
did it myself, im leaning out above 11k even with a 102 main jet (kit comes with 100 ) so id get a 106 or 104 pair just incase.

it took almost 8hrs but i got a good deep look at what's going on under the hood, i recommend doing this yourself if you are mechanically inclined.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts