Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may not believe this, but I got stung by either a bee or a wasp today while I was riding back to work after lunch. I can't believe it. It was on my neck and it STILL stings. Luckly I didn't have an allergic reaction. I have no idea how it happened. I was only going like 35 on my new Honda CBR600rr and all of the sudden I had a really bad pain in my neck. I headed to work and looked in the mirror. I had a tiny stinger sticking out of my neck. Has this ever happened to anyone else? What afreak thing! Not cool!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh, that sucks. I hate getting stung!

Something similarly freakish happened to me when I was riding my dirtbike on the street. I had the MX helmet and goggles on, hit a bee and I guess it lodged between my helmet and goggles. I felt it hit, but didn't know it had stuck, so then later when I stopped, I grabbed my goggles to pull them off, I also grabbed the bee and got stung in the finger.

So many unforeseen hazards out there on the road ;)

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
RoadRunner, I feel ya. I was heading home with my denim jacket on one day and got hit by something. All of a sudden there was this burning pain on my chest and I squeeled to a stop to find the bee's stinger had gone through my jacket, through my tshirt, and had stuck in me... By that, I mean I must have smacked the bee ass first, cause it was still attached to the stinger... Well, although it hurt me, I was like, "I've never seen a bee sting something, and not die for loss of it's stinger"... So I carefully grabbed the bee, and tried to pull it out of my chest without detaching it's stinger. It flew away and I have grown to assume it lived for at least a few more days....

Just think what tales it brought to dinner that night: "Dude, this things just smacked me out of the middle of nowhere and rammed itself into my stinger. Well, I was stuck, but then these other two things came down and squeezed the crap out of me, but they pried me loose and tossed me away. It was like the hands of God rescued me.... I'm reading my Bible every night from now on"

mmm, after re-reading the bee story I'm thinking the Bee Movie influenced my perspective of bees a little more...

·
Registered
132 Posts
I heard this from my friend, he's 40ish with a cruiser and a 1/2 helmet and sunglasses. something a bee got in his ear (not too deep in, luckily)...my friend at that moment thought it'll find its way out, but after like 10, 15 seconds it still in his ears...so he tried to pull off to the side and get ripe of it. but he was too late...it looked painful too :eek:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crazy stories. I'd never head anything like it. I just talked to a co-worker of mine that has a motorcycle and he said several years ago he was stung in the neck by a bee too, only his neck swelled to twice it's size and he had a major allergic reaction. I'm glad I didn't have that. It still hurts to touch it but my swelling and redness is already gone.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My dad used to ride a Sportster and has been stung by bees (half helmet/no helmet), and he's been hit by a bird! He said the bird hurt a lot more than the bee... Odd, isn't it? He was doing about 60 and it smacked him square in the knee... Obliterated itself upon impact and bruised his knee heavily.

The only run in I've had has been with my MX Helmet and goggles on my 250r. It hit my goggles and then got stuck in between my forehead and helmet. Never found out what it was, but heard buzzing and some tickling on my head. I just left it alone and kept riding. Never stung me, and by the time I got to work it was gone.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
My wife and I where on a bicycle ride . About 120 miles . We stopped to fix a flat and where playing catch up to the front boys. My wife got stung by a bee. She is allergic to bee stings. I know from past experience with this that adrenaline will counter act the reaction to the bee sting allergy . So we took off riding as fast as we could.
As we came to the next turn. Some bushes hung over the road sign . I waited till I could read it and dug into the turn . laying way over then sprinting out of the turn. I wondered if she made the turn when I looked back in my mirror. She was on her stomach at about 20 mph sliding with the bike on her back .

She was bleeding from all four corners (both elbows and both knees) She was crying."Did I scratch the bike"

I got her up and just as she sat down the rear tire popped . That made her actually cry . I fixed her tire and we rode the 20 miles to the finish . She looked at her time and said . "If I knew we where going that fast I would have tried harder".

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Road runner glad you weren't allergic..

.. it is hard to stay calm when it happens to ya.

Down my shirt while riding and all the sudden sting sting sting. Later it dropped out when I was stopped . it was some sort of bug so I imagine it was biting the hell out of me not stinging. I had to ride while slapping my stomach until I could safely pull over. Big welts on my belly :(

weird part is the year before on the same road it happend also. But not as bad ,a couple little welts.

Now if my shirt is v neck I wear a bandana backwards cowboy style to keep them out. or keep my jacket way zipped up.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had one get caught in between my thigh and the tank where your leg hugs it. I couldnt figure out what the pain was, i kept thinking I was being burned by something on the bike lol. Leg swelled up like crazy too.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow.. some crazy stories. I'd never heard of such a thing at all until I entered the riding world. What we won't do for the thrill of two wheels. haha

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Never got stung, but I had a few good bug splats in the face when I used to have a half helmet. That was on a scooter, but even at 35 or 40 mph, a big bug strike gets your attention. Now that I have a proper helmet, whenever the visor deflects a strike and leaves a big splat mark, I have a good appreciation for what I`m missing.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
ive had bugs fly into my vents and somehow miraculously get by the screens in the vents and buzz around my head and tickle the crap outta me till i pull over and get em out... haha

and back when i used to install flooring i had a huge furry bumble bee fly into the window of our box truck and smack me in the side of the head, hard too! he survived and i threw him back outside and he flew away.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
ooh ouch! I got stung yesterday walking..big ass bumblebee. You know you've been stung.

I'm old fashioned so i went to the store and bought a cigar, got some meat tenderizer and poured it on the sting then rubbed the tobacco in...some real rambo shit right their ladies!

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
virtualmatrix258 said:
ooh ouch! I got stung yesterday walking..big ass bumblebee. You know you've been stung.

I'm old fashioned so i went to the store and bought a cigar, got some meat tenderizer and poured it on the sting then rubbed the tobacco in...some real rambo shit right their ladies!
hahahah LOL

I've never been stung buy a bee in my life. knock on wood.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
You should get stung at least once, it's an experience to tick up to the "life board".... I mean, I don't want anybody to get hurt or find out their allergic (that's just scary), but really, it's something to experience - especially when you're not expecting it.

·
4,853 Posts
I think what spoophs trying to say is maybe only fat people should get stung hahaha.

Delta I cant believe you've never been stung before! You're pretty lucky. My first sting was on the back of my neck when I was 9 and I've been scared of them ever since. Then when I was drilling wells they would constantly get me, like everyday. I thought it was my aftershave but my eye doctor said its the color of my eyes that attracts them. That also explains why i'm in a long term relationship ahahaha.

Life...

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
virtualmatrix258 said:
I think what spoophs trying to say is maybe only fat people should get stung hahaha.

Delta I cant believe you've never been stung before! You're pretty lucky. My first sting was on the back of my neck when I was 9 and I've been scared of them ever since. Then when I was drilling wells they would constantly get me, like everyday. I thought it was my aftershave but my eye doctor said its the color of my eyes that attracts them. That also explains why i'm in a long term relationship ahahaha.

Life...
hahahahah LOL

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
oh virt, tut tut tut. You make it seem like I don't like fat people :p

I got stung the first time before I could remember... My mom showed me the pix in the scrap book she keeps of me until I turned 10... Then she got tired of filling the pages with photos of injuries. I used to step in them all the time around our pool...

·
4,853 Posts
ugh fat people lol Like today at walmart...they just bump into you and expect you not to say or do anything. I'm lucky I didnt get kicked out of wally world today...damn grocery shopping.

I wish I had many bees for them, so instead I gave them the bird(s)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts