Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I wasn't sure if I should share this in a new topic area or not but now that I've seen Felix did it I figured it's not as big of a deal as I thought. I just didn't want to be a major traitor to the site. I sold my 250 a couple months ago. I got what I wanted out of it. I couldn't wait to buy my new bike though so there for a few weeks I actually had both bikes. It was weird having two tagged motorcycles at once. I was afraid there for a while that my Ninja wouldn't sell right away but once I got someone over there he saw it and couldn't pass it up. He paid cash and I had him on his way the same day. Now I've got my new bike and have already spent some bucks on several mods.

It's a 2008 Honda CBR600rr with just over 4000 miles on it now. When I got it the guy had put on a Carbon Fiber Devil Slip-on Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Power Commander III, Carbon Fiber Progrip Tank pad, and he had lowered it 2 inches in the rear. I bought it from him for $8100 and it came with a extended 3 year transferable warrenty and he even threw in a black and silver Joe Rocket official Honda Jacket to go with it all.

Since then I've installed a Tripage Custom Fender Eliminator with LED tag bracket and Clear Alternatives Intigrated Tail Light, Proton Flush Mount Blinkers, Puig Dark Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, and Vortex Frame Sliders. All together I figure all the mods to come up to around $1500 or so. I'm just glad the big ones were already done and I didn't have to pay for all of them.

Here are some pictures of how it looked when I still had the good ol' Ninja and then some of what it looks like now. The first ones are on another thread that I put up once before so I appologize if you've already seen a few of these. Let me know what you all think.

Before Extra Mods:

After Extra Mods:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nice bike! That exhaust looks pretty intense. Silver is a pretty sleek look too. Congrats on getting it!

You miss your 250 at all?

Did you let the person who bought it from you know about this site?! Hahaha :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I think the silver gives it a nice classy look... in a MEAN motorcycle sort of way. =)

I miss the newness of riding and having such a great starter bike to fill that need but I have to admit that I don't really miss 'er that much since getting the CBR. When you replace it with something better its pretty hard to miss. Anything I didn't like about it I got in this new bike so it's pretty hard to really miss it that much. It was weird getting rid of it so soon though. I only had it about 8 months and it was my first bike. All I have now is pictures.

I actually did tell the guy I sold it to about this site. It's such an awesome site to learn things on. There's no telling if he ever decided to check it out or not though. He didn't really seem like much of the computer type. He's a farm kid from a ways away from here.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That bike is awesome looking, its amazing how the little mods like the windscreen and flush turn signals increase the sexiness of the bike so much, the exhaust is a beast too.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Roadrunner, sweet bike! But get rid of those mickey mouse ears! Glad you're digging it. Looks like you're enjoying those curves.. You've only got like what, a 1/4" of chicken strips left? Rock on dude!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spooph said:
Roadrunner, sweet bike! But get rid of those mickey mouse ears! Glad you're digging it. Looks like you're enjoying those curves.. You've only got like what, a 1/4" of chicken strips left? Rock on dude!
Hey man, gotta ask, what do you mean by all that? I'm assuming by mickey mouse ears you mean the side view mirrors. I don't see anything wrong with them. I do like the Ninja ones better though I guess now that you mention it.

What do you mean by chicken strips? I'm totally confused and I'm not even blonde.

·
Registered
874 Posts
that's one bad ass bike, especially with the devil rocket exhaust. nice name for a exhaust.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Crispy said:
that's one bad ass bike, especially with the devil rocket exhaust. nice name for a exhaust.
Thanks man! I appreciate that. I don't like the Devil but I sure like the Devil exhaust. haha

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dude, I just sent you a PM reply but I'll say it on here too. That is one sweet ride you just bought. I really like the colors. You got a great deal. Any plans to do anything else to it once you've got it?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Roadrunner, yes, Mickey Mouse ears = rear view mirrors. Sorry, I was just kidding with ya... IMO there isn't a sports bike out today with sufficient rear view mirrors, either for looks, or for functionality. It's like the bike has these perfect "speed" lines, and then there are they silly little black thing that poke out the front. I guess I'm just a bar-end mirror style guy. Don't let my comment influence your perception of your bike man. It's looks sweet, and it rides sweet. I was just giving you a hard time, so keep the mirrors if you like them...

And chicken strips are the strips of "unused" rubber on your tires... They're called "chicken", because it's the boundary line for where you stop leaning. So, if you have like an 1inch of a chicken strip left, people know you're afraid of leaning the bike over, and therefor "chicken". Yours however look warn down fairly far, so good for you man! I still have a little to go as well.. I guess I was trying to give you a compliment through sarcasm....

Regardless of all that. Really cool bike!

G

·
I have some mods in mind for the cbr. Some frame sliders, going to change the flush mounts (I need to be better seen by cagers), I'll need to see how I like the tail light, might change that, and maybe relocate the plate.

Going to wait til I actually have it until I start making mod decisions. But I like most of the mods that are already done, and there FREE !!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
spooph - I got ya now. Don't worry.. I didn't take that the wrong way at all. To be honest I totally agree with you. I do think that they could do something a little more cool with their mirrors. I really like the mirrors on the '09 ZX-10r's. They're pretty sweet. They have blinkers integrated and they fold down so you don't run them into your garage wall or something. Oh well... a mirror is a mirror. I think I'm done with my mods. I've spent enough so far. Thanks for the compliments and playin' around. I like bantering sometimes. So when are you going to upgrade? Any plans at all yet, or do you ride for the great gas mileage?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Me? I'll probably upgrade in about 6 years (when I turn 30). I've disallowed myself anything bigger than a 250cc sport bike.... When I ride a bike I feel horrible if the bike isn't being pushed to it's capabilities - not necessarily limits. But on the 250 I can run it through all the gears and feel like I'm involved with the bike... With a 600 I could just leave it in 3rd and be perfectly fine for everything LEGAL. So, since a 600cc is more capable, I would want to "let it shine", and end up splitting lanes more, taunting cops, and just generally being stupid. I'm not smart enough to have that much power. I still have my 600 Eliminator that I did all kinds of crazy things on, which I'm fixing up and selling. I also used to have a 1000cc sport bike. I also test-ride motorcycle for www.DreamGarage.comhttp://, so I get my time in on "fast bikes" - luckily their not mine, so I tend not to push them so far... You know? I can't wait for the weather to stabilize. I have a Duc test ride waiting for me... :p

·
Registered
622 Posts
Spooph how'd you score a job test riding? I always thought you had to work for the motorcycle company or a magazine to do coolstuff like that

1 - 20 of 20 Posts