Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got one of these... http://www.afxhelmets.com/helmets/fullface/fx-37ds.php?show=flat

DS = Dual Sport = on/off road... :p Which I do with my little Ninja... I mainly wanted it for the cap, to use as sun visor, so that I won't have to ride one-handed every day for the next month going home... :p

In the mean time, I've found out a few things:
1.) It's not molded to the shape of my head, which means mods:

It hurts here:

Which means I pull back the liner, and try and cut a bit out with a razor blade and realize I'm going to screw something up...

So I then mark the spot with a sharpy...

And add electricity in hopes of not screwing something up...

Excess material removed:

Cleaned out with an air compressor:

Ah, fits so much better:

Without the sun visor:

With the sun visor:

The best part: it only cost me $140... :D Brand new.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I get this helmet the day before I go to a wedding, eh?

I'm sure you can guess what happens next...

I fit the tux to make sure everything is right... mmmm, black motorcycle gloves, and new "Halo" helmet... Looks pretty cool, but we need some fire power... ooo, how about little bro's airsoft gun... :p

And ya got some Quantum Solace/Halo/Spooph silliness happening!!!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
That airsoft gun looks real enough to be dangerous. All in all, it's a good look for ya Spooph.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and speaking of helmets, I got this getup a while back when on vaca with a bud...

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
man you know how dangerous doing that to your lid is...oh so dangerous...

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Crushed, I hear what you mean... :p A fist actually, no?

And Met, I asked the guy at the shop about it, and he said it's not a problem. It becomes a problem when you actually start compressing the foam, because then you're affecting it's ability to absorb shock... Considering the amount of material I took out - maybe 1.5 mm, they said it shouldn't affect the helmet - they do it all the time to make their helmets fit. This includes Shoei's and Arai's... Some helmets are made on an oval shape, and others on a round shape - turns out this is a round helmet, and my head's an oval....

They also said if I had to take out more than 2.5mm, I should go up a size, but this one fit beautifully everywhere else, ya know?

So I'm not just a hack, at least I'm an educated hack.. :p

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
- turns out this is a round helmet, and my head's an oval....

I think my head is kinda pointy, but my helmet fits OK anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Looking at those pics, I feel sorry for you Spooph.

Don't worry, the mo and the beard thingy you're trying to grow will get thicker once you finish going through puberty!!!!!

:p

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
zandit said:
Looking at those pics, I feel sorry for you Spooph.

Don't worry, the mo and the beard thingy you're trying to grow will get thicker once you finish going through puberty!!!!!

:p
Thats not very nice!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
no, buts its funny!!!!!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yes it is Zandit... And I trim it, it's actually kind of long at the moment... I like being a "not so hairy" guy.. :p And the girly likes it too... :D

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
hey if you want to see not so hairy talk to me!! i have a baby face

1 - 20 of 37 Posts