Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i used 2inch INSIDE diamiter tubing, its not completed yet, but should i go smaller for some backpressure? i will be jetting with dynojet kit 2193 but i do NOT want to run lean i use this as my main mode of transportation and do not want to smoke the engine...

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Felix be correctamente! Lots of discussion in that thread, and yes, it's a book, but read it all to get caught up, and then post questions in that thread, eh? We'll be more than happy to help you out!

HINT: Somewhere in that thread you will find something to this affect: "The $36 muffler, or any slip-on for that matter, MOSTLY affects your engine's power band from 9,000rpm's to redline"... There should also be a discussion why this is, and it has directly to do with back pressure.

Cool? :p

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
spooph said:
Felix be correctamente! Lots of discussion in that thread, and yes, it's a book, but read it all to get caught up, and then post questions in that thread, eh? We'll be more than happy to help you out!

HINT: Somewhere in that thread you will find something to this affect: "The $36 muffler, or any slip-on for that matter, MOSTLY affects your engine's power band from 9,000rpm's to redline"... There should also be a discussion why this is, and it has directly to do with back pressure.

Cool? :p
i think i got to page 18 in that post lol, ok ill do a once over and see , thank you for that pointer.

backpressure is good, without it you fry valves even if your runnin rich. heh

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
AUDACIA said:
i think i got to page 18 in that post lol, ok ill do a once over and see , thank you for that pointer.

backpressure is good, without it you fry valves even if your runnin rich. heh
also you lose bottom end without a lil back pressure, which is why on my Z they have a valve much like the new vettes, that at low rpms, shuts off the right side muffler and then opens up as you get faster to allow more top end power.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mhm u need a tad but to much can get you some blow back and overheat stuff which isnt good at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts