Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So 2 years ago I bought a brand new 2012 Ninja 250r SE. It's my first bike, and after about a month I was getting bored, FAST. Trading in and upgrading would have meant a huge loss of money, so I did the next best thing and make Ninjana my own, and something I could be proud of. This is premature, but enjoy her evolution.

This is what she looked like the day I bought her.

Took off those damn ugly decals.

New exhaust and blacked out windshield.

Disassembly.

New handlebars.

More disassembly.

At this point I did some motor work, rejetted the carbs, did the keen air removal, and a once over.

Tank back on and installation of the exhaust wrap. (btw, when you first start your bike after putting on wrap...DON'T FREAK OUT...NOTHING IS ON FIRE! The tape just smokes like a bitch. LOL...I started her and thought I had wires or something in the motor on fire...talk about freaking out!)

PLASTI DIP!!!!!

NEW PARTS!!!!!

And here she is...so far. I do still need to wire her up, and I have a plan to cover that god awful look of the brackets on the side of the tank, but...let me know what you think so far! Enjoy her guys, I know i am going to...once it warms up...I HATE NEW ENGLAND!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Hmmm, Pictures aren't working for me!
Plus I have not been able to make them work by trying to modify them for you.
Have you had issues with Flickr before? I always use Photobucket.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, Pictures aren't working for me!
Plus I have not been able to make them work by trying to modify them for you.
Have you had issues with Flickr before? I always use Photobucket.
I have yet to put pics in a forum. I am working to see if I can get them posted, but thank you for the photo bucket tip! I will try that!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Nice work, I see a lot of Wrench time in that!
While the twin headlight looks good, is it possible to lay the top light further back so there is a downwards angle from the top light down that follows the angle of the forks? Not sure if I have explained that well enough!
From side on, its a pity the exhaust doesn't hug the front of the engine better, it creates quite a gap there doesn't it.
Have you looked into the Sportisi Motorsports hugger for the bike? it covers the whole swingarm and really fills out the rear end of the bike.

Good stuff!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice work, I see a lot of Wrench time in that!
While the twin headlight looks good, is it possible to lay the top light further back so there is a downwards angle from the top light down that follows the angle of the forks? Not sure if I have explained that well enough!
From side on, its a pity the exhaust doesn't hug the front of the engine better, it creates quite a gap there doesn't it.
Have you looked into the Sportisi Motorsports hugger for the bike? it covers the whole swingarm and really fills out the rear end of the bike.

Good stuff!
Great ideas! I will look into that for sure!

I do want to get a full exhuast at some point, rejet again and take the airbox off and replace with pods. The lights I need to think about. I still need to adjust them to pass inspection, so where they sit now is not adjusted for that.

·
1,458 Posts
So 2 years ago I bought a brand new 2012 Ninja 250r SE. It's my first bike, and after about a month I was getting bored, FAST. Trading in and upgrading would have meant a huge loss of money, so I did the next best thing and make Ninjana my own, and something I could be proud of. This is premature, but enjoy her evolution. This is what she looked like the day I bought her. Took off those damn ugly decals. New exhaust and blacked out windshield. Disassembly. New handlebars. More disassembly. At this point I did some motor work, rejetted the carbs, did the keen air removal, and a once over. Tank back on and installation of the exhaust wrap. (btw, when you first start your bike after putting on wrap...DON'T FREAK OUT...NOTHING IS ON FIRE! The tape just smokes like a bitch. LOL...I started her and thought I had wires or something in the motor on fire...talk about freaking out!) PLASTI DIP!!!!! NEW PARTS!!!!! And here she is...so far. I do still need to wire her up, and I have a plan to cover that god awful look of the brackets on the side of the tank, but...let me know what you think so far! Enjoy her guys, I know i am going to...once it warms up...I HATE NEW ENGLAND!
looks good so far bud. Keep up the good work!!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OOOooo u gotta deal with that inspection shit to do u......:facepalm:
Sucks don't it...:eek:
Inspections are the worst. The absolute worst. And what is worse than the worst? The fact that I had to have inspected within 7 days of buying it...BRAND NEW!

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Inspections are the worst. The absolute worst. And what is worse than the worst? The fact that I had to have inspected within 7 days of buying it...BRAND NEW!
I hear u there.....:facepalm:
I'd like to change exhause, but.....
Here in Maine we ain't allowed if it makes it louder, but....
The Harley noise makers are ok.....wtf....:eek:
Cause they come that way stock......

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
1,458 Posts
I hear u there.....:facepalm: I'd like to change exhause, but..... Here in Maine we ain't allowed if it makes it louder, but.... The Harley noise makers are ok.....wtf....:eek: Cause they come that way stock......
change your exhaust anyways. Your old and your not ripping into the gas. Plus some pipes even have sound baffles. Or go with an akropovic pipe. They are decently quiet

·
Registered
9,088 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I hear u there.....:facepalm:
I'd like to change exhause, but.....
Here in Maine we ain't allowed if it makes it louder, but....
The Harley noise makers are ok.....wtf....:eek:
Cause they come that way stock......
Change it. I put a canister on mine, and the guy who inspected me afterwards actually complimented me on the sound. No one cares how loud it is. Once they hit your age, they need it to be louder to hear any ways.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Ok. She is done. I have a few more electrical things to finish, but other than that. She is DONE!

[IMG}http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t477/SuperAmp13/IMG_0060_zps8219d63c.jpg[/IMG]

Now I just want to be able to ride.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts