Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from running Vulture Mine Road, in the west valley... (those Tempe/Chandler guys, know what I'm talking about.)

As recent purchaser, of an '09 model ( for the wife).... I'm interested in the latest mods on this bike. Already impressed with how fast this little thing, keeps up with traffic.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Felix said:
Welcome!

For the wife? What do you ride?

Felix

I have a 650R that I bought last year... We are a 2-Ninja Family. ;D

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
KURT said:
I have a 650R that I bought last year... We are a 2-Ninja Family.
Welcome Kurt!!

You sure know how to get a guys attention!!! 650R!! I don't want much........... except a full review, pics, impressions on the ride, pics, how big are you(tall), pics, does your wife travel on it with you, and does it go ok with her in the back?, and maybe some pics would be great too!!!!

I hope I haven't spooked you much, I just got excited when you said you had 650R, thats one of the bikes I'm looking at for an upgrade, plus I'm back at work and stoked up on caffine!!!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
zandit said:
Welcome Kurt!!

You sure know how to get a guys attention!!! 650R!! I don't want much........... except a full review, pics, impressions on the ride, pics, how big are you(tall), pics, does your wife travel on it with you, and does it go ok with her in the back?, and maybe some pics would be great too!!!!

I hope I haven't spooked you much, I just got excited when you said you had 650R, thats one of the bikes I'm looking at for an upgrade, plus I'm back at work and stoked up on caffine!!!
Sorry for the delay, but I wasn't aware you had posted the questions...

I bought the 650, last year, during the height of the gas crunch. At $4 a gallon, I didn't want to keep filling up my Jeep every week, but I hadn't ridden in 20 years. So I looked for something with better fuel mileage, conservative looks, and large enough for the wife to ride along too.

The twin cylinder 650 works just great for all that. You sit more upright, than on most midsize rockets, and with tons of torque, it's a lot more forgiving as well. I ride pretty sedate, but it gives me 62 mpg in return.

The bike is more laid-back, than what you may be used to... it rev's about half as fast, as the 250, and really isn't as entertaining to ride. The 650 is 75 pounds heavier, and it feels a bit top-heavy as well. But the reviews say it is a well balanced, good handling bike.

The one change I've made, was replacing the stock bars, with Suburban Machinery clubmans... http://www.suburban-machinery.com/Z1000.htm
Not cheap, but they allowed me to stretch out a bit. (I'm 6' tall.)

The bike is kinda tall, but my 5'8" wife is comfortable riding it. I chose the little 250 for her, because it was easier for her to flat-foot while sitting on it. And she liked the styling more, than nearly anything else. (It is her first bike, and she only learn to ride this fall.)

Hope this helps...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts