Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

How to text and ride on the highway...

5K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  sharrokor 
#1 ·
#13 ·
camicwrath said:
I ride an text sometimes its not that hard (have the keys memorized on my phone so I can text with out looking at my phone only gotta look down for a few sec to make sure didnt miss spell anything) you just gotta make sure of whats around you thats all.
No offense, seriously though, good way to get yourself and others killed!

#15 ·
camicwrath said:
I ride an text sometimes its not that hard (have the keys memorized on my phone so I can text with out looking at my phone only gotta look down for a few sec to make sure didnt miss spell anything) you just gotta make sure of whats around you thats all.
Riding requires as few distractions as possible. That few seconds you look down that 1980s G-body Oldmobile is gonna pull out and be like hitting a brick wall.

camicwrath said:
I ride to work very early an theres no one on the road an the speed is 45, im not saying I text all the time but it is poissible thats all I was saying
Hate to be blatent...but that doesnt make it any better. Texting and driving is bad enough but to do it on a bike is criminal. Your not doing much better than that guy in the video. Most people can't seem to walk down the street without bumping into others because they are in their own little world working on thier playlist on thier iphone. Their brain isnt on the task at hand. Do us all a favor and dont become a statistic...put the phone away.

#16 ·
Im an AVID car texter, I do it all the time. I understand it's not the best thing, in fact it's illegal in ontario now, but in some situations for me, it's better and safer to respond to a text or pick up a phone call, than to pull over on a highway like my mother loves to do now. I'm also a commercial pilot, and we're trained to multitask, but no matter what you're doing, fly the plane first, so I bring that training into my car.. Drive the car, make sure your focused on driving, and when you text it should be a secondary task.

That being said I wouldn't dare pick up the phone while riding, Ive been in a few close calls just by looking to my right for a second, pulling out my iphone, taking off my glove, and hoping to god i spell something right isn't fun for me.

Anyways, to each their own, you can text and ride if you want, and im sure us saying anything wont change your mind, so do what you want. Just try to pay attention to riding as a priority while you do.

#18 ·
Yea, looks sweet. But I would never, ever, ever admit to riding a "unicorn" to anybody else, ever, in my life... I would give it a different, slightly more masculine name, like "rabid bunny", or "spiky mouse", or the "fuzzinator" - makes your feel goods feel good, or something like that.. :p

Thanks for finding the bike! Good research...

#20 ·
I was in south asia before I was able to start riding, and I used to pass this garage all the time and they always had this really pretty small sport-bike out front. No markings on it so I scoured the internet so hard and finally learned it was a unicorn. so now that I know them I kinda pick em out. I want one for novelty and cute-ness but import is not feasible, naw mean?

and c'mon, I'd tell everyone I ride a unicorn every day ;p prob give it some unicorn decals too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.