Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I resently read about and saw pics of this guy who decided to clean his chain while running his bike. He will definitely never forget now that this is not such a good idea. The photos made me squeamish.

Enter at your own risk, it's gorey: http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242261

Now that we know how not to clean a motorcycle chain .................... let's do it the right way.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can do it much faster that way. Start the bike, put it in first, and while the tire is spinning, spray the lube with your left hand and with a rag in your right hand, grab the chain. :eek:

Ta-Da, instant carnage. Go Team Bloody Stubs !!!!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I'll make a video proving that you can do this, and if you're not a dumb ass, you won't loose your fingers... But I'm feeling a might particular sassy tonight.... So I agree with Onslaught, try it at your own risk.... I really liked the "Team Bloody Stubs"!!! :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Felix said:
Awww, you disappointed at the internets behavior?

Felix
Just makes people's real colors stand out. Its ashame. $50 says they wouldn't call him what they were calling him to his face. Ugh, keyboard cowboys....

·
Registered
379 Posts
Amidst ripping off his fingers, bleeding all over the place and freaking out he still took the time to take pictures. This guy is hardcore. If I ever meet him I'd like to shake his hand..er..his left hand.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I get uneasy watching people do it nowdays, with the bike running. Although I admitt if your careful its pretty damn safe oiling a chain while its in first, Just dont try whipe the excess oil off with a rag!

But still.. I go faster than any of you do, I'm aerodynamic, So stick it :p

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Ratty said:
I get uneasy watching people do it nowdays, with the bike running. Although I admitt if your careful its pretty damn safe oiling a chain while its in first, Just dont try whipe the excess oil off with a rag!

But still.. I go faster than any of you do, I'm aerodynamic, So stick it :p
Ratty can we get a pic of the nub in the jar? Dude that thing was epic!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What kind of nub is that?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts