Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HeHe, this way I get a mod's attention quick.

Story: A few weeks ago I was teaching a friend how to ride, and while demonstrating what not to do in a slow-speed turn, I dropped the bike. It made him feel better and me mad.... Anyways, I cracked my side fairing, but I aint gonna spend some rediculous amount of money on buying a new one if I've got some left-over fiberglass and resin from the whole Loser project. HA!

Here's the crack:

On the back side of the fairing there is foam. Cut and peel foam away, keeping at bay with wire, and wire the wound shut. For this particular injury, all was easy, you're might be more difficult:

Then scuff up the area with some sand-paper. I used what I grabbed, I think it was 220 or something.

Then cut the fiberglass to fit the area, and mix up some resin. I highly recommend using latex or rubber gloves when you start working with resin. I don't think it'll harm you, but if you get it on your hands you need to use gasoline to get it off, or start working off layers with sand-paper. It's sticky, it stays sticky, and it doesn't come off. ... ... That's what she said? :p

Let dry over night. Tomorrow when it's dry I'll take pics, and show the stuff I'm gonna use to glue the foam back in place.... In the mean time, Cherry gets to take me to work nekkid!

Edit: More of the same:
Contact cement:

Wait for it to get almost completely dry:

And stick her back together. Sorry, I forgot to take a pic of the finished product....

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Re: I need rights to post in the HOW TO section dammit!

Damn spooph!! Sorry to here about the incident!

Cherry has some Battle Scars now!!!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: I need rights to post in the HOW TO section dammit!

these aren't her first.... :p I dig chicks with scars!

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet, glad you're back Felix! Titled changed, could you please move it to where it needs to go? Not sure if that's How-to or Modifications? I'd think How-to cause it deals with the stock bike?

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
I've myself had to repair some plastic after dropping bike. I found that
Devcon Plastic Welder Epoxy works well if used with a fiberglass cloth.
I use a dremil tool to v the crack or edges of broke out pieces, back side.
On front side use some blue tape to hold things aligned best u can.
Mix up the goop ... smear some on....work cloth into it....maybe add a bit more goop over the cloth if needed. Let er dry.....sand it down a bit to get rid of sharp edges, but leave most for strength....
Front side....v the cracks a bit.....mix some more n put it on without the cloth, unless u think u need it? let dry...sand smooth....add a bit of filler if needed....sand.....prime n paint.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

http://www.amazon.com/Devcon-Plastic-Welder-Epoxy-Pack/dp/B003LZ1ZCS

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts