·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be riding from San Antonio Tx, to Tampa Fl,
on my 2009 ninja 250r,

I do not have a license, Been riding 3 years, only have been pulled over once,
and the cop was a biker as well, said he owned a b-king,

He pulled me over to ask what kind of bike i was riding, did not even ask for license, ( Luckily )

What is your story? How many times have you been pulled over?

I usually always go the speed limit, use blinkers etc, and never have any problems with cops.

Any tips on how to avoid getting pulled over on long trips?

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
getting a licence is a good way not to get pulled over :p,

and dont mess up would be another one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea..

I Plan to get my license the week i get into florida,

I don't have time to wait 3-6 weeks to get it here, just to move then have to get a florida 1 any way,

Been doing track days for 8 months, They don't even require a license =)
i limit my street riding due to me not having a license

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
If you don't have a licence, does that mean that your bike is also not legally plated and therefore also not insured for the road? I can't speak for Texas and Florida, but around here, that's a BIG load of fines waiting to happen. Fines aside, consider the liability involved - that affects OTHER people - if you encounter any kinds of problems, collisions, get cut off and have a sudden spill, etc.

Obviously, careful obedience of the rules of the road is the best way to avoid being pulled over. Maybe that is the advice you are asking for.

Here is the advice you're not asking for. This is not a ride to the corner store, it's 12 hundred miles between two states. "Not getting caught" isn't the point here. You don't have a licence, don't ride.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@BlackBoar, My bike is fully insured, You don't need a motorcycle license to put a bike in your name here in Texas, or any were in the states i believe.

I have a regular drivers license just not a class m,

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
tbh this guy just seems like a bit of a know-it-all. might just be my short temper today, but dont come on here bleeting on abouthow you ride a bike without a licence, when we've all bothered to do it because were not fools. People like you give bikers like us bad names.

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
173 Posts
So... In fear of aggrivating people and going against the grain of this thread, I think I'll actually give an answer to the topic question: "How many of you have been pulled over? and for what?". lol :p

I have been pulled over twice and both times were on my 250.

1st was for running a red light. But it was about 2am and no traffic (except for the damn cop car that I didn't see!). Those stupid lights never seem to change for me on the bike so I just went through. The cops let me off and became more interested in the ninja. They were all like "ooooh, Ninja, cool, now ride safe and don't do that again".

2nd time was for speeding and apparently doing about 80 in a 60kph zone. It was through roadworks and the speed limit had been reduced. It was also at about 2am. I had been paying too much attention to the car speeding up behind me and then slowing down to follow me, so I missed the sign indicating the speed change. Cop busted me anyway, took double points and put me on a probationary licence (2 points only) for 12 months. The bastard cop didn't even use a radar and also wrote the wrong section of highway on the ticket! I appealed this one but got a letter back simply stating that the ticket must be paid!! WTF! At least the cop didn't notice that I had no rego sticker on the bike due to it having fallen off somewhere 2 days prior. Hehe

And there's my stories of being pulled over on my Ninja 250r. :)

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
hahaha american cops are crazy, why did they not just ask to look at the fruitcake first?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@SWE37 Thank you!!!

@MetBandit1 - You know what dude i am not a know it all, nor do i claim to be,
its my fucking choice if i want to risk getting a ticket, Does me not having a class m license make me not experienced? Buddy i have been on bikes my entire life, And i attend almost all track days here in texas as a level 3, I ride fully geared, and safe, If you don't know how to read the title was How many of you have been pulled over and for what? Not hey come bash me for choosing to ride without a license,

·
Registered
117 Posts
In the end, It sounds like you will make it harder to get legal for everybody. It was over six months to get mine. And and another two for the bike. If you have been riding so long I don't think it would such an problem to get a permit. You are not perfect and its not a question of if you get in an accident but when you get in an accident. I think I would like to be legal. I'm sure you will already be giving plenty of money away to fix your bike, insurance or not. I wouldn't like to pay a heafty fine on top of it. Please don't make it any harder for the rest of us.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You guys are really stupid huh? Me waiting 3 weeks until i am back in Florida to get my license is not going to make it any harder for the rest of yall, Every state makes there own laws, Texas makes me hold a permit for 90 days, i am sorry but that's bull shit, i will gladly ride without one for the next 3 weeks until Florida,

In florida there is no need for permit you get the full license right away,
i already called the dmv there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.