Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow Riders,

I have a question to you experienced riders. I am thinking about buying a Kawasaki ZX 10R. I am getting a pretty good deal on it. But the bike has 23.000 miles on it.

Does anyone know how long those engines can last?
Is it likely to get the engine up to 50.000 miles or so?

I know those old Goldwings can go up to severla 100k miles. but what about those kawasaki ninja's, zxr's and so forth?

Thank You

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey when I sold my zx 6 she had almost 50 on the clock. I'm no mechanic but I'm of the understanding it's very much down to how well the engine is looked after. I'm sure someone well tell us if I'm wrong any way.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. Yeah that's what I've bean hearing too. Some bikes will go to 100.000 miles or more and others maybe only to 20.000, depending on maintenance and so on. I guess I'll have to just look the bike over really good.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Maintain it........:thumb:

I put over 30,000 miles on my Ninja 650 in 3 years.....:dance:

Do the maintenance.....:dance:

It also depends on how hard ur gunna be on ur bike......:rolleyes:

Run the piss out of it....well.......:eek:

Drive it like a 60 year old....me......n i bet i get 100,000 miles from mine....:thumb:

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
33,000 miles n i just feel it is broke in.....:dance:

Well hopefully.......:facepalm:

But i drive it like a ol lady........:facepalm:

NNnnn Hagar the sweet will be right here saying so......:whistling:

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Ok i gotta do some math here a sec.....:eek:

100K times .456 add 475 devided by 45 subtract 8675 times again 3867 add 5647 devided again by .5867 times 47 adding again 7564 devided by 46......:facepalm:

Ok....lost count......:facepalm:

100K subtract 98 times 8675 subtract 34 times 937 squared by 47........:dance:

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
I'm figuring if ur gunna let the engine bang off the rev limiter like the dumbass's on TubeU do it won't last long.......:facepalm:

But if ur gunna respect ur bike, and run it like a normal dumbass and do the maintenance on it as needed. Then maybe it will last for a long time...:thumb:
Of course say a 250 running down the big roads having to run wide open to stay with traffic for hours at a time....well that bike mite not last as long as a 600 cc bike running at half throttle to do the same will last....:whistling:

It's all gunna depend on the bike, the driver, and its use....:dance:
U don't use a scooter to run the freeways....U don't need a liter bike to drive in the cities...:dance:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.