Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im really sick of this question.

when people who have no clues about bikes, will just ask
how many cc's the ninja 250 is (duh.. what do u think..)
and judge solely on the size of the engine.
i know it doesnt matter what they think, because i love these bikes.
nice acceleration, great maneuverability, and just overall well rounded.

but still, how can i answear that question in a way that will get them to eat their own words.. :p

oh and i just hit 1000 on the odometer. yay!! ;D

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
hahah, great ideas, I'd go totally overboard and be like: "It's a dual over head cam with V-tec, forced induction chipped to the peak with an overblown supercharger and a double backed turbo... I don't run nitrous because I don't wanna make other people look too bad"

"Oh yea, how much power do you have"

"well, see, that's just the thing, I have to run it on a car dyno because it will blow up a bike dyno, and because of that, the readings are all off, but the last time I ran it, it was like 120 metric shit tons horsepower."

I shouldn't write when I have jack in me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Tell em what i tell em:

"It's a limited edition ZX2R [I've got the sticker on it to prove it (Ebay 6.99)]. It comes with a ported/flowed head and 12:5 hi-compression pistons. Modified airbox with high-flow filter. Full lightweight AP exhaust with CF can, thermal wrapped for maximum exhaust flow. Stage 2 jetting to match the pistons/flowed head/pipe/airbox. it runs 0W30 Mobil 1 synth for maximum hp and minimum engine friction. It has ceramic wheel bearings for minimum rolling resistance. it has upgraded suspension with Penske Triple clicker rear and Traxxion Dynamic resprung forks with cartridge emulators. It's rear is raised 20mm from the stock bike and the front is lowered 10mm, thus giving a fairly radical geometry of 23.5 rake. It has clip-ons and rear-sets and a DB racing screen for aerodynamics. it runs a non-O-ring 520 chain with 15/41 gearing and hardened aluminum sprockets to reduce rotating mass. it has a super-light rear rotor. It runs radials and not the heavier, stock bt45 bias-plys. Even though it's "only" 250cc, ad even though i have 3 other really cool bikes in my garage, I usually prefer taking out my little ZX2R because it's soooo much fun"

Invariably, they seem to think that's really cool.

·
Registered
68 Posts
1st off, Felix - That was hilarious!!!!

2nd, our bikes really don't look that much different than the bigger displacement bikes. Isn't the 250 the number 1 selling bike currently anyways? Are they not always sold out?

People are ignorant.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
While my bike is in the shop in bits, I'm gonna get them to bore it out to 1000cc, put a turbo on it and some Nos... Its gonna be the Ninja 1000 GtrT. But instead of Kawasaki badging I'm gonna rebadge it Vespa.

Felix

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
People down the bike simply because they are insecure. In their puny little minds something is telling them they need a bigger bike because they want to look cool, get the women, and mauk tom cruise flying into the danger zone aka someones windshield. A bigger bike is great...when you're ready, and your ego is ready. Its always good to start out smalls, then work your way up. Thats the philosophy many of us have taken and now we have members with Honda CBR's and a new Ducati. And now some of us are looking into bigger bikes but keeping our 250's in mind. Not to mention the members like spooph and darkhorse who customize and try to pull every bit of horsepower out of the engine just because they love the bike and the challenge.

Sorry but i'd rather be having fun and and at the same time have a good learning experience before I get a bigger bike.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I agree with virtualmatrix258... right on... this is my first bike and I see the changes u can do on it are unlimited... and most people that have the old version 250s still stays with the 250s and just get the new model...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.