Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So guys and gals, I wanna hear the fastest your bike will go in first gear...
my ninja 2 fiddy ARRRRRR! only did about 35mph in first...

whereas my Z1000 does 75!!!! i was like WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!

Darkhorse i wanna hear what your cbr hits, and felix your zx6r as well... im curious to see if they are about the same or if you guys have different gearing or because your redline is higher maybe you can crush a lil extra outta her...

and CsBrad, and R6s_2NR if he ever comes back onto our lovely forum... and anyone else for that matter, post em up, lets see them.

on a side note i named my bike Zoe for obvious reasons...
( Cuz of Z in Z1000 ) <-- for those of you who still dont get obvious...

perhaps i should elaborate pernounciation as well... <ZO-E> aka Zoey... but i like it without the Y!

G

·
My CBR600RR goes 50mph in first and 90mph in second. I only tried it cause the the guy I bought it from said it would do it and before I got used to the shift points. But I try not to max the low gears out, I think it burns too much/wastes fuel.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Travisty said:
88mph. And yes, I have repeatedly tested that. It still pulls the front hitting 2nd at that speed, haha. :eek:
what always freaks me out is not when it comes off the ground but rather when it skids across the ground, i need to get a steering stabilizer... stat!

hi-tech said:
thats sick... just on 1st gear? hmmm i can be texting on ur bike crush.. lol
I have done it, not in first haha... i try to just ignore it, but i was going to meet an ex of mine ;) so i answered it... :p

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
booty call??? Whats your new girl Zoey gonna say!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Crushed,.......You are official my hero!!!! Respect dude!!!!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
my friend Jon hss a turbo Hyabusa. His wife rode it at Bonneyville. She hit like 175 mph. She said it would not go any faster. When they looked at the data log . She shifted into first 5 times. Seems she was used to GP shifting.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I call BS on 175 in first on a the turbo 'busa unless it was WAAAAAAAAAAAAY undergeared.

My friend has an '08 and says that the shift light, not the rev limiter, but the shift light, comes on at 105... His girlfriend has ridden it other than him, but needless to say if he ever offered I'd turn him down! lol!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Just hear say but that is the story . The bike is geared for 250 mph and the sorce has no reason to BS anyone but it is a tall tail .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.