Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

How easy is it to remove a Muzzy and go back to stock exhaust for a ZX-7R?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  earlthepearl 
#1 ·
I got a 2002 ZX-7R, and it arrived with a muzzy which at first sounds cool but after some riding its kinda annoying. Its good for cars noticing you, but on long drives it gets headache inducing.

How much would it cost to hunt down a stock exhaust and have it fitted? Is it an easy process? Any drawbacks to doing this?

Thanks

G

#2 ·
Its very easy if the parts are availiable online or at a shop by rare chance. However I would suggest leaving the exhaust but changing the slip on to a akrapovic thats still sport but is not loud. Like muzzzy or growler or d&d or two brothers or leo. You get my point!!!! Change the slip on and keep the performance side of the headers and mid pipe

#4 ·
Graham R said:
I got a 2002 ZX-7R, and it arrived with a muzzy which at first sounds cool but after some riding its kinda annoying. Its good for cars noticing you, but on long drives it gets headache inducing.

How much would it cost to hunt down a stock exhaust and have it fitted? Is it an easy process? Any drawbacks to doing this?

Thanks

G
Wear ear plugs !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.