Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
ARMYMEDWORRIOR said:
looks good, lol now u just need to get some oversized ones and put them in your jacket...lol
nah, my body is hot enough as it is.... JK!!! couldn't resist. Aerostitch makes some really nice gear. One day, one day when I have massive $$$$

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
dknollRX7 said:
http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/984/50320677.JPG
Have you tried using an impact driver on the phillips that holds the bar ends in place? This tool is used for loosening frozen fasteners by striking it with a hammer. There's an internal cam in the driver and as the shaft is stricken, it loosens/tightens the fastener depending on the setup.
I used an impact on mine to change my grips... Problem lies in kawasaki useing phillips head...

SO STUPID! the impact ruins the head of the phillip by turning it into a 8 sided phillip, luckily i was able to remove them before it became a bigger problem, and i replaced them with allen head bolts and NO LOCTITE!!! they dont fall off come on. no need for loctite.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
I just installed a set on mine last night, they work great. made my ride to work MUCH warmer. Anyway, I though I would add, the grips are REALLY easy to remove if you put really soapy water on the outside of them (where you put yer hands), then starting on the inside fold it over on itself and pull off the end of the handlebar. I used soapy water to make it easier to turn them right side out (since they are inside out after pulling them off this way), and to help slip them back on. I noticed the left side isn't quite as hot as the right, probably because it is right on the handlebar, which is soaking up some of the heat, unlike the right side that has the plastic sleeve for the throttle under it. Not a huge difference though, and they both did a great job of keeping my fingers warm.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Red Rider, that's good to hear. I'm experiencing the same thing with the left hand being colder than the right... I'm wondering if a small rubber/plastic insert here wouldn't fix the problem?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Felix said:
Wonder how the rubber will go with the heat after a longer run.

Why did you eliminate the kickstand switch?

Felix
So the rubber is holding up just fine, no issues, and I use them on a daily basis...

And I found a good, but limited application for eliminating the kickstand switch... I'm house sitting a house on a farm right now, and have to go through like 4 manual gates, and it's nice being able to leave the kick stand down while I hop on and off the bike. Then, obviously, I pick it up when I'm on the road, or I park it...

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Definitely an option, they're just a lot more expensive, and then you have to ride being attached to the motorcycle with a wire.... But mainly, because they're more expensive, between 3 and 5 times more... :p

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
There could be, I would just be too lazy to charge it up and remember to take it along every time. Not even to mention safety - I wouldn't want to fall on a battery pack if I happen to crash, eh? Cracked ribs? So, as much as I'd dislike the wires, I'd rather go with those, at least the plug/connector would pull out in a crash and you'd be fine (with the gloves that is, not sure about everything else... :p)

See why I got the grips? I think they best fit my needs... :p

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.