Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,438 Posts
Looks clean. Passenger peg is great. When I had my black 250r I was in the process of blacking it all out, added black body screws and some other mods and often thought about those pegs but never touched them. That would have been perfect. What did you use?

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used plasti-dip on the footpegs. First I covered up the whole bike with an old sheet, then cut small holes just big enough for the pegs to stick through, and coated them 3 or 4 times. It's a spray rubber that sprays on like spray paint then hardens up. You can find it at Lowes for about $5 per can. The good thing about it is that it isn't permanent. Once dried it is very durable, but can be removed relatively easily if need be. Good to hear from you as well Spooph. It has been a while. Just been out riding as much as possible before it gets too cold.

Attachments

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hotbodies undertail kit requires you to replace the existing turn signal relay with an electronic on, but doesn't tell you that and also doesn't include one. Otherwise when you turn on your turn signals they just stay on and don't blink.

· Registered
18 Posts
them turn signals

I had a similar situation when I fitted my intergraded tail light, my turn signals also stayed on, and never "blinked" as well.
but having the tail piece off allowed me to hear that the rely wasn't working.

the problem was this, when you fit L.E.D. lights on to the 250, you lower the wattage in the current.
so there isn't a strong enough current to activate the relay, the L.E.D has less resistance than the stock bulb.

easy fix for me was to put two in line resistors just before the light and have them share the same earth, screwed to the frame.
that allowed enough wattage to engage the stock relay...:thumb:

· Registered
36 Posts
Hotbodies undertail kit requires you to replace the existing turn signal relay with an electronic on, but doesn't tell you that and also doesn't include one. Otherwise when you turn on your turn signals they just stay on and don't blink.
I had a similar situation when I fitted my intergraded tail light, my turn signals also stayed on, and never "blinked" as well.
but having the tail piece off allowed me to hear that the rely wasn't working.

the problem was this, when you fit L.E.D. lights on to the 250, you lower the wattage in the current.
so there isn't a strong enough current to activate the relay, the L.E.D has less resistance than the stock bulb.

easy fix for me was to put two in line resistors just before the light and have them share the same earth, screwed to the frame.
that allowed enough wattage to engage the stock relay...:thumb:
maybe you should change the flasher for ur LED turn signal..

cause i had the same issues when i change my stock stop lamp into LED 3in 1 with turn signal LEd.. it won't blink.

but after i change it now it's blinking right.. :dance:

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AutoZone sells the replacement relays for about $6.00 us. Just would have saved me time and money to have known that going into the mod, but all in all it turned out great. I'll post some more pics soon.

· Registered
928 Posts
I did my research on the part before I bought it. There is a review on Hotbodies site that states you need to get a relay to fix the issue and I also found that info on other sites as well....

Research helps a ton people...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.