Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a Hotbodies fender eliminator last month and I like it. It is nice but it does not fit right. There is a spot where you have to push it in over the push bolt near the taillight. It does not fit. Hotbodies has made some on the fender but you have to shave them down for it to fit. I still have to do that. It looks ok the way it is but not something you want to show off. The other problem is that if you have to change the license plate you have to pretty much take the whole thing apart. And to install lights you have to drill holes where you want them. It leaves you a lot of options to do what you want. I'm waiting on new plates so I guess I will do the fitting at that time.
Has anyone ran into problems with this product? I think it looks badass if I can get it to look right.

image-3810040088.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using New Ninja

·
Registered
630 Posts
I don't like it, but I hope it works out the way you want it to anyway.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anything not OEM is not going to fit 100%. I'll just have to make it work.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
black250t said:
Anything not OEM is not going to fit 100%. I'll just have to make it work.

Of course it will if you get a good One!My r+g fender eliminator fitted a treat !

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have heard similar complaints about the fitment of this product on our motorcycles. so far I havnt decided to purchase the eliminator kit because of all the extra work that is required. the kit itself isn't cheap and we still have to do a lot of install?

id rather go to home depot, and rig my own for that same price or cheaper.
just my opinion.
good luck with the install :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ProdigyRacingLA said:
I have heard similar complaints about the fitment of this product on our motorcycles. so far I havnt decided to purchase the eliminator kit because of all the extra work that is required. the kit itself isn't cheap and we still have to do a lot of install?

id rather go to home depot, and rig my own for that same price or cheaper.
just my opinion.
good luck with the install :)
Yea it looks great and it got rid of that "mud flap". So it did what I wanted it to do. I'll play with it to get it to fit better.
Well in moving in a week so I won have time to work on it before I leave. I'll post pics after I move and get some free time. Let me know what you find at Home Depot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts