Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That early Spring weather we were enjoying has turned back to cold and blustery. But, it gave me some time for "start of season" maintenance. I cleaned and lubed the chain and then I adjusted the chain for the first time. I probably left that chain adjusting a little too long, but I was paranoid at the thought of unfastening a wheel myself. It all went pretty smoothly. Red's video in the "How To" is great.

New mod: The double bubble windscreen from Hotbodies. Lots of light in the pictures, but this is the dark smoke tinted model. $80.47 (Canadian) at my local dealership. The install went very well. I didn't have any of the lower nut wells pop out (luckily). I did find that it looked a little crooked when I was done. The stock wind screen has a sharply defined channel where it meets the upper fairing, this Hotbodies one does not have quite the same feature. After I loosened it all up and shifted it around a bit, it lined up quite well and I like the results a lot. I only took a short ride (it was just above freezing) but my first impression was that it does knock the wind up a little higher, off the chest and over the helmet.

That and my back wheel didn't fall off, so I guess I adjusted the chain right too. ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
726 Posts
Looks good...

What is the contraption replacing the passenger seat ? A collapsible cargo carrier?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KURT said:
What is the contraption replacing the passenger seat ? A collapsible cargo carrier?
It's the base for a Givi box for cargo. I switch between it, the seat, or the solo cowl depending on the task at hand. I don't know how to put the NN link in this reply, but if you search "Luggage Project" on here you'll see the whole thing with pics.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Nice. BTW How tall are you?
BlackBoar said:
I only took a short ride (it was just above freezing) but my first impression was that it does knock the wind up a little higher, off the chest and over the helmet.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
spooph said:
How's it working out for ya BTW?
Working out great. Since I've had the bike back on the road I rode to work a few times, that's why the mount is on in the pictures. Little extra leg bending to get on and off the bike when the box is attached. As I'd hoped, I just switch between tail accessories in a few seconds. The only trouble I've found is in switching the peices about I've somehow lost a couple of the rubber "foot pads" that are attached under the front half of the seat. Need to see if I can buy a bag of the little buggers.

Thanks for the link lesson.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts