Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, since I have such poor vision (20/70 approx.) with a -2.75 script, you could imagine I use both glasses and contacts depending on what I'm doing. When I'm going riding, I wear contacts, I feel contacts give me a much more 'entire' view, including periphs., while glasses don't.

Short story:

Was getting ready to go riding. Had forgotten to wash my hands after just waxing my chain as I didn't think I got any overspray from my rag onto my fingers. I was absolutely right, bit what I had forgotten is on the other side of that rag just the night before, I used goo gone to remove last of annoying sticky residue from old wherlstripes.

Grabbed my left contact, popped it in my eye. 3 seconds later I couldn't open my eye, literally could not. Had to go over a sink and just flush it with water for a couple minutes before I could get the contact out, followed by another gruesome five minutes of hiding the eyelid open while pouring faucet water onto it.

It still is super blood red and my eyelid and little glands around my eyes are super puffy, but all burning feeling went away and for the most part I think I am fine.

But ouch.

Ever maimed yourself in similar stupidity factor fashion!?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
damn dude, sorry to hear! That sucks. I from now on you'll have clean hands, eh?

But don't feel bad. If I told a story for every self-injury I commit on a weekly basis, I'd have a full-time job....

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I have sprayed gum cutter into my eye. And gotten metal. Shards removed with surgery. It sucks. Pain wise gasoline in the ear is the worst.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeez you guys. You make my blinding experience seem like a walk in the park. I am officially one up'd. Anyone else got a painful story?

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
omg dude. Are you going to be okay? Anything that has to do with the eyes I can't bare to think about, it comes from having to take ocular fluid out of corpses using a syringe when I would do autopsies on the weekends...worst part ever. So if that were to happen with me I'd completely freak out! So hats off to you. Hope it heals quick bro.

·
4,853 Posts
spooph said:
Virt.... Autopsies? Oh do tell....
Heh. I used to do autopsies with my dad when I was a kid. My dad was working a lot so that was the only guy time we had...making people into canoes. That was originally what I wanted to do with my life because oddly enough I'm good at it lol. I had the stomach for it and it was easy...too easy, coroners are overpaid lmao. But I couldn't handle kids, babies in particular, so I had to find something else and computers were it. So I went from taking people apart to putting computers together :p Not a bad trade off.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
If I wrote down all of the times I've done something to myself I'd be as busy as Spooph!

Just before my USA trip I tried to cut my thumb off! After two eye operations, I get a little freaked out about my eyes, just ask Spooph and our intimate moment at a gas station :D :D

I might be going for a small day surgery in a few weeks, I'm thinking about asking the Doc to wear my GoPro :D

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
4,853 Posts
Ugh I remember you mentioning something about having to have your eyeball taken out or something and I just walked away from the computer for 15 minutes then refreshed chat haha.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
that sounds like a nasty accident!

ive noticed something, how come whenever your at home riding your bike you can fill your petrol properly, but when your in another country on a trip it always splashes out?!

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
just people in general lol, ewan mcgreggor, etc haha

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Hope you did not do permanet damage. Jeex I hope the new forum has a spell checker

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Just cementing the relationship that started with the spooning!!! :p

·
Registered
726 Posts
I was cleaning a carb once, with a spray-can cleaner. Stuck the nozzle in one hole, and the cleaner shot back out onto my face, through another. Not fun...

As a teenager, I dropped battery acid into my eyes. The old guy accross the street, had to pull me out from under the car, and flush out my eyes. The same 55 Chevy also cracked a couple ribs, when I failed to properly support the engine, while pulling the transmission. :-[ And folks say pot won't hurt you...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yes I got superglue in both of my eyes...

I now have an etch in one eye that is directly in the center of my vision, if I blink it goes away momentarily but then comes right back.

I won't tell you guys how it happened just know that it did and it SUXXXX

1 - 20 of 69 Posts