Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was annual holiday party the School of Theatre and Dance, School of Music and School of Art put together for the students to celebrate the holidays coming up and the end of the school semester. As a thank you, the students are encourage to donate food that will be given to the local shelters. It takes place in the main lobby of the College of Creative Arts which was decorated w/ a Christmas tree, lights and other odds and ends.
Santa came with some of his reindeer and a few elves. Awards given to the faculty and staff for various achievements while the students put on performances such as playing holiday music, dance ensembles, story telling and puppetry. To top it all off, the cold gray rain that had been pouring all day turned to large puffy snow flakes making all the events inside that much more warming.
The entertainment has now died down and the building is becoming quiet again with only the whispering and rustling synonymous to museums. I write about this b/c I believe the holidays come and go too fast now days. In many ways people go through the motions of the Holidays. Buying gifts, making treats, wishing everyone happiness but never really stopping to enjoy it for themselves. Anyway, I guess my point is, take time to enjoy the holidays.

Happy Holidays.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Indeed! For you as well Fry! I agree, it's much too commercialized. My room mates and I are doing a sit-down dinner. I will be going to Church with the family as well. I'm also sleeping a lot... :p

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Christmas is great, just for chilling with friends and family, I never need gifts, admittedly its nice, but I'd trade them all for a few beers with family and friends.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm not feeling the christmas spirit at all. Too many angry people yelling at me and too many mean co-workers. Its sad. Why did I ever want to grow up? I regret that wish now. :facepalm:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not feeling the christmas spirit at all. Too many angry people yelling at me and too many mean co-workers. Its sad. Why did I ever want to grow up? I regret that wish now. :facepalm:

Awww, this sucks. Growing up isn't bad at all. It's going to happen; don't fight it. You just need to find the right people to grow up with! Come hang out w/ any of us. We'd be happy to celebrate Christmas with you.

One year I had a bunch of friends come over and we put on a cheesy Christmas movie, baked cookies, had a few drinks and reminisced about past adventures. Still to this day it makes me smile.

·
Registered
420 Posts
:) Thanks dude. I've got crummy friends at the moment, so no fun celebrations for me lol. I'll just drown my sorrows in video games! I know, it's totally not a lady-like thing to do, but it works haha

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
The only compulsory thing is growing old, no one ever said anything about growing up!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.