Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im new to riding and recently bought an 06 ninja 250 as a starter bike. I plan on becoming and avid rider and would like to do some simple mods to my bike; maybe a fender eliminator, homemade exhaust, front and rear turn signal mods and other small things.help from anyone would be appreciated. like i said i am brand new to this although i have been doing plenty of research.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Welcome Jonny, hopefully we can help you out, there is not many on here with the pre-08 model, but most things can be sorted out with the experience here!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Youll find a lot of helpful info on here. and if it hasnt already been spoken about just ask away :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am currently living in Tn while I finish school. Ill have pics up soon. have to get them off my phone.
-zandit: thanks man. ive looked at all the threads for the $36 muffler and i was going to implement the same technique on my mufflers (i have 2) the only thing is at the base of the can theres a cone shape piece. im guessing its a heat shield, would i still be able to perform the same technique as previously listed in the thread?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Before you attack your bike, read this first.
If you just need to replace your stock cans, you can usually find some decent used ones on eBay.
All aftermarket exhausts are loud; that's what their target market wants.
Yes, you have to rejet.
We're really sick of this one. Using an aftermarket exhaust will cause your engine to flow more air, making it run leaner. This means that you will have to adjust your bike's intake if you change the exhaust.
If you want your engine to last longer and perform better, you'd be well advised to check the jetting.

this is info from ninja250.org

how bad will not rejetting affect the engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.