Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'de pop in and say hey. I just bought a Passion Red 2010 250R. rode it 200+ miles home and in the rain for an hour. So far I'm loving the bike. It's no gsxr600K9(my dream bike), but it's def a lot of fun.

Can someone tell me what the differnece is between red and passion red, bc this bike looks regular red to me...lol

I bought the bike to save on gas as I just bought a 2006 F250 diesel Crew Cab bc I totaled my 2004 GTO and gas is already crazy rediculous.

I look forward to talking and possibly hanging out with some people and I have already started planning mods...lol

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol True. That's in the parking lot of my place, but I will get better pics later. I just bought the bike on Saturday. Actually the wife "bought" it for me even though i'll prob be making the payment.

·
Registered
121 Posts
welcome navy... goshh.. looks cool in red!! although i thought navy spells blue.. :D

very unfortunate malaysia local market doesn't have too many choices: green, blue & black only.. even with Special Edition, only green base with graphics..

nice ride!!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i bought it used. I think it has some kind of frame sliders in the rear under the swing arm. One of them is stripped though i'll figure out a way to get it off. lol

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
very nice! I likey! Definitely the best color for the ninja! Oh, and it's passion red because you become very passionate about the bike. It's really weird how they can do that with the paint color, but I do see a lot of high mileage or tricked out red ninjas.... I too have a red one....

Welcome and thanks for sharing! Hopefully we can help and answer questions, and if you need none of that, just post up some ride reports, pictures of the area and such forth. I notice you're in SC at the moment. In August there will be a Ninja 250 rally at Deal's Gap and the Tail of the Dragon. SC is a lot closer to NC than CO, and I'll be riding down there... .Wanna join us?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm...All depends on when it is. I am planning a trip to Atl in Aug w/ my wife. I'm waiting to find out where I will be stationed next. I might stay here or I might go some where else, not sure though.

Oh I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions. I'm already starting to plan mods which so far this is what I have...

wind screen
lowering
jet kit
intake filter
exhaust
possibly hid's
tail delete(possibly a hotbodies unit)
frame sliders
(looking for some graphics to put on the side)

I'm also in the process of modding my truck so it's gonna be slow on both as I have been "allowed" to spend 200 a month by the "boss" lol Other than that I'm really not sure.

Has anyone ever transplanted a 600 motor into one of these? Was thinking about figuring the cost of doing that vs buying angsxr600k9

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Trip to the Dragon: August 4 - 7th I think.
http://www.newninja.com/forums/f99/2011-250-ninja-meet-deals-gap-5477.html

Concerning your mods, why a lowering kit? Are you very short? I would also recommend frame sliders to be your first mod.... And for the tail delete, check out the stock fender mod which cleans up the rear fender A LOT! I can't find it though, sorry, maybe somebody else can help you out with that.... Also, if your interested, I have a used Competition Werks fender eliminator kit which I'm not using. When I bought it new it cost me $125. Since then I've put 36K miles on it an it's a bit dirty, but it has all it's original parts undamaged. Make me an offer if you're interested....

All the other mods are well documented. We have lots of info on that, can't wait to see it take shape! Also, post up pics of what you do the truck, no? Delta would love you long time! :D

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No I'm 6'. lol, but the wife is like 5'3" or something and I'm gonna teach her to ride on it.

My biggest issue is I'm not sure what exhaust I want bc I hate the sound of these bikes. They sound like dirt bikes when they have aftermarket exhaust kits on them.

So far the truck just has gauges. This weekend I'll be putting a 4" turbo back straight pipe on it. I have a coolant filter kit to put on, but need to flush the system first which will cost a crap load of money.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't know if I'll make it to the deals gap trip. While it is only 2xx something miles for me, I don't think I'll have the money or leave time for it as I'm scheduled to pcs on Oct/Nov. Need to save some leave for moving and such.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, just found out the pices on the back are not frame sliders, but actually spools for the cradle. One is stripped so I need to buy new ones. Know where the best place is to get them? Also where is the best place to get frame sliders?

I'm gonna go do a search now...lol

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.