Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've got my 00 kawasaki ninja zx9r that I got, it has a muzzy exhaust, new k&n air filter,fuel filter and spark plugs and jus after a couple fill ups of putting in sea foam, my bike runs weird, in neutral, it revs up fine, 1st and 2nd ride good but after 3rd and up, when I try to accelerate, she jus bogs down and then I have to throw down the choke all the way then it will continue to ride, I have a feeling its carbs but the guy I got it from said it was balanced and synced and I havnt messed with anything in that area, any help guys??;

·
Registered
674 Posts
If it runs better with the choke on it isn't getting enough fuel for some reason. Jets could be plugged, or fuel flow isn't adequate. When it does it again, pull over and pop the gas tank filler and listen for air rushing in. That would tell you the tank has a venting issue. It's possible there may be debris in the tank that's plugging up the petcock. Try to look way down into the tank to see if you can spot any rust.

Also check the air cleaner to make sure it's not really dirty or something is blocking the intake snorkel.

Jay

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,
Carb icing can also be a problem on ZX9R's a recommended fix is Silkolene PRO FST. I've copied and pasted an advert I found. Worth a try if your still having problems I guess.

About Silkolene PRO FST Fuel System Treatment For Petrol Engines
PRO FST protects against cold start wear and fuel system corrosion and helps to remove deposits from injectors, intake systems and carburettors ensuring optimum performance. It is very effective against carburettor icing in low temperature environments, and combats starting problems, stalling and rough running at low engine revs.

PRO FST may be used in leaded and unleaded fuel, for 2 and 4-stroke engines. It reduces the incidence of pre-ignition and also enhances the fuel’s octane rating to a small extent.

Dosage recommended mix ratio:- 1 to 2% of PRO FST in fuel. (100 parts fuel:1 part oil to 50 parts fuel:1 part oil).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.