Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for ways too improve my bikes looks/performance and it was suggested that I join this site. It is my first bike and I've been riding for about a year now.

Picture taken last summer. Only mods thus far are a Zero gravity screen, Jardine exhaust and a fender eliminator. I have a sport bar and rear cowl on the way now.

· Registered
184 Posts
I'm looking for ways too improve my bikes looks/performance and it was suggested that I join this site. It is my first bike and I've been riding for about a year now.

Picture taken last summer. Only mods thus far are a Zero gravity screen, Jardine exhaust and a fender eliminator. I have a sport bar and rear cowl on the way now.

Welcome to the site. Nice Ride. I would also recommend investing in some frame sliders as well.

· Registered
9,088 Posts
Those would be what i'm getting this spring.
I've dropped my bike on each side so far.
Think these would help with less plastic breakage..
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bike has many scratches, most from the previous owner but no broken plastics thankfully.

I'm still learning about motorcycles and modifying. I'm trying to make the bike more sporty without compromising a ton on daily riding ability.

· Registered
245 Posts
Blue_Shift650R said:
The bike has many scratches, most from the previous owner but no broken plastics thankfully.

I'm still learning about motorcycles and modifying. I'm trying to make the bike more sporty without compromising a ton on daily riding ability.
How do you like the seat cowl? Does it come on and off easily? I have been thinking about getting one for my 06 650r.

· Registered
9,088 Posts
You've dropped it twice? How long have you had yours?
Got it like late summer last year.......:facepalm::facepalm:
First time i dropped it i was starting off from a stop sign when a big dog came running out at me... I pulled over to stop quick watching the dam dog n happen to be on sand. Foot slipped n down it went. dog bit the front tire twice n ran off..:eek::eek:
I should of had the Machette...:whistling::whistling:
Second time i had on my rain/wind gear.....Nylon suit with the straps that go under ur boots. I stopped at gas station to get gas..n.... when i went to put kickstand down strap was caught in it. Didn't realize the kickstand went back up when i went to get off......down it went.
Boot strap got cut off right then n there.:eek:
Earlier in the day they got caught in footpeg...n....i said to my self i better cut them off, but didn't right then.:facepalm::facepalm:
Had to repair fairing both sides with epoxy plastic welder n fiberglass cloth.
Those now r all black.
Broke left side mirror n cracked headlight fairing plastic....black too now.
Actually like the extra black a lot better then the all red look.
I'm very hard on paint, so I'm not gunna worry a lot on that. It will be scratched many more times.
I worry more on keeping it running well n maintenance n that sort of stuff.
Paint i can keep up with from Walmart Krylon.....:thumb::thumb:
I've always had the...... Looks a bit like crap, but runs like a charm kinda stuff.....LOL...:thumb::thumb:

· Registered
615 Posts
earlthepearl said:
Got it like late summer last year.......:facepalm::facepalm:
First time i dropped it i was starting off from a stop sign when a big dog came running out at me... I pulled over to stop quick watching the dam dog n happen to be on sand. Foot slipped n down it went. dog bit the front tire twice n ran off..:eek::eek:
Secont time i had on my rain/wind gear.....Nylon suit with the straps that go under ur boots. I stopped at gas station to get gas..n.... when i went to put kickstand down strap was caught in it. Didn't realize the kickstand went back up when i went to get off......down it went.
Boot strap got cut off right then n there.:eek:
Earlier in the day they got caught in footpeg...n....i said to my self i better cut them off, but didn't right then.:facepalm::facepalm:
Dang that stinks...I'd probably cry if I dropped mine hahah

· Registered
615 Posts
earlthepearl said:
Ur right.....:thumb:
Crying ain't gunna get it fixed...:nonono::nonono:
Now where's that Krylon..n...Duct tape..:thumb::thumb:
Haha. Mine has a little scratch on one of the fairings and it bugged me so much I'm paying to have it redone and repainted

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.