Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may already know that I am rebuilding my zx14. I got everything back together and all I'm getting is a rapid click from the starter relay/solenoid. My lights and HUD light upon when I turn the key. However my brights do not. When I press the start button everything goes off and the relay just clicks rapidly. It's not the battery and its not a ground in the wrong place. I have no clue what's going on. Any suggestions???

· Registered
2,270 Posts
Big Kaw said:
It's not a new battery. It's 6 years old. Lol.

But the battery was unhooked from the bike for 2.5 months. I charged it the other day and it read 12.4 v.
Might not hold charge especially if its 6 years old!measure volts with bike running then turn bike off and see how quick volts drop!when you crank the power it might be sapping the power so quick it won't have enough to turn the bike over ,have you jump started it ?

· Registered
674 Posts
It's not a new battery. It's 6 years old. Lol.

But the battery was unhooked from the bike for 2.5 months. I charged it the other day and it read 12.4 v.
You have to check the voltage while cranking. A battery can show fully charged but not have any cranking power. I don't recall the exact voltage, but 12.4V isn't considered fully charged.

I'm betting the battery doesn't show over 10V while cranking...

Jay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.