Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did a dynojet myself today, it starts and everything, but when i put my bike in neutral, the light wont come on as neutral. And the bike wont start either even when its in neutral, I had to squeeze the clutch to make it start everytime. And when i let go, it dies . I dont know if it got to do with this

i just cant find out where this goes....i guess it have something to do with this. If anyone know where this go or know whats wrong with the problem, please help me out. Thanks...

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Check up by your radiator, on that same side as the pic. I think: You might find the end close to/around the coils. I can't exactly remember where off the top of my head.... It's your neutral switch, and the bike has no way of knowing it's in neutral, which is why you have to pull the clutch to get it to start.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...i'll try to look for it tomorrow...already spend 8 hrs+ installing this dyno and exhuast system, didnt get to ride it yet tho...so dont know if theres any other problems. Hopefully not. And yea thanks again.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found out by lookin through the manual, the neutral connector i took off by accident...no wonder i couldnt remember where it was. Its behind this thing

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

now how do i take that thing off? i unbolt everything already, even the clutch pedel, but it wont even budge?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
With the gear shift removed, and the 4 bolts (I think) removed, you kinda have to get in there with a screw driver and pry it off... It fits in there very snuggly.... Oh, and the "it" is your "front sprocket cover"... :D Hope that helps.

·
Registered
656 Posts
i believe that its a 3\16th's head on those nuts.

I use the things that look like screw drivers but with sockets on them they work just fine for pulling that particular piece off the bike!

make sure that when you put your shifter thing back on that you have it adjusted correctly, after I removed my sprocket and replaced it mine was off half an inch from where i ride with it now.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Well.... 3/16th might work, but it's actually an 8mm... It's metric silly! :p

"The shifter thing is connected to the.... shaft thing, The shaft thing is connected to tha.... gear thing, the gear thing's connected to the... bang thing, and sooooooo roll the wheels...."

:D Just call me a smart as...

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
That is the neutral switch wire. Remove the four 8MM bolts and mark the shifter position.Then remove the shifter. CAREFULLY remove the shifter then the cover . Yes as Spooph said you need to pry things with a screw driver. But just go around and more like wiggle the cover off. It has pins top and bottom.

The magic wire goes above the sprocket.It goes on a pin sticking out . Just push it on and as they say assemble in reverse order. It is a good time to clean the gunk out from around the chain while you have it off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.