Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! iam a new rider and proud owner of a 1996 Ninja 600R, before winter started i had to charge my battery and it turned on great! January rolled by and when i tried to turn it on all there was was a clicking noise?? I figured it must be the battery so i charged it for about 8 hours! Came back from work and same clicking noise happend so i thought why not charge it overnight? Next morning the light on the battery tender was green so it must mean my bike is fully charged!?.....WRONG! same thing! My only option is buying a new battery but the fuel tank is in the way?!? how does it come off!!!!?!? The old battery is disconnected and ready to be removed but it wont with this thing in the way?!

· Registered
5,699 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Ninja 600. With some pictures I might be able to figure it out. Have you checked the electrolyte level on the battery? It might be completely dry, making the charger think it's full, when it's actually far from it...

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhhh i see! Turns out all I needed was to remove two bolts! And the top came off!!Haha friggin newbies!!! Thanks though!!! Hmmm I haven't.. Iam really thinking of just starting off with a new battery who knows how long the previous owner had this one

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.