Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everyone I need some help! I recently had my garage broken into and my wife’s bike stolen. We recovered the bike but only key I had been in the ignition and is missing now when they recovered it. (I know dumb to leave it on the bike) I have spent countless hours researching how to go about this. I am a second owner and do have a key code written on the manual I have its “Axxxx”. When I went to my local dealer they had a hard time matching the code to a Kawasaki key. They ended up cutting from the code but it was matched to a different brand. I also call Kawasaki and they said the key code is stamped on the ignition cylinder. I found that but it is different from the manual. The dealer also said this wasn’t the code it was only 4 digits and no letter in front of it. What should I do? The bike is 2008 ninja 250

THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Personally I wouldn't be happy knowing that someone else has the key to my bike and they know where I live. I would change the ignition cylinder and get a completely new key all together. I think that is the best way to go about this.

sorry for your misfortune, but glad you found the bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I though about that also. They actually found the guy sleeping in a car he broke into down the street. He had rolled the bike down the street, once he couldn’t get it started (no battery) he said he threw the key in the woods. I haven’t been able to find it. Money is a little tight so was looking to get another key until I could afford a new lock set. Plus he will be locked up for a while repeat offender. Does anyone know if their key code and the code on the ignition cylinder are the same? And is the code supposed to be letter then 4digits?

Again thanks everyone

·
Registered
928 Posts
You sure do pick the hardest to read fonts and colors don't you...lol

glad they caught the guy. I don't know if i belive he tossed the key. I hope someone can help you out. I've only had my 2010 for about a month now, so I'm still learning.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
A good locksmith should be able to match a key to the barrel alone, but it would be $$$, and as VillagePeople Ninja mentioned(haha...See what I did there Navy Ninj!!!! I crack myself up!!! :p) the best and most secure way to protect yourself is to get a new matched barrel and key set.

Sorry to hear about the theft, never a good thing!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Focused, yes, the 4 digit number printed on the ignition barrel is the correct number you want, and Kawi should be able to order that key for you. Forget what's in the manual.

Glad to hear the bike was recovered. Best of luck with the key!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Not long ago one of my good(read GOOD) buddy lost his key to his Ninja.He couldn't sleep at night because he parked his bike in the parking lot.Eventually he still have the spare.I wanted to help him out. So what we did was, swap all the locks and ignition switch.Now he has mine and I his.And we lieve on the opersite side of town.No one knows about it just he and me and,yeah now,you guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.