Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
If there are no fluids on or underneath the bike, you're probably not leaking gas. If the bike is unmodified, or professionally modified, it is probably not running THAT rich...

The ninjette's gas guage is a known issue. Inconsistent from bike to bike, and inaccurate at best....

How full did you fill the tank? When I fill mine up to the bottom of the filler neck, it will show 100% full for a hot second before starting to go down. If I keep filling it up past the filler neck, almost to the bottom of the lock-ring for the gas cap (this can only be done while straddling the bike at the pump), she stays at 100% for like 50 miles. It's ridiculous how much fuel that last part of the tank holds.... Keep in mind, if you fill it up past the filler neck, when on the side-stand, it will "overflow" and spill it out the drain tube and your bike will make a woopsy. I usually only fill past the filler neck if I know I'll be covering more than 10 miles RIGHT AFTER I fill up.

So, how far below the filler neck are you filling it up?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
It's a 4.8gal tank, but I've put 5.1 in before.... On a different tank, with a bit more conscious use of the throttle, I've been able to pull 293 miles right as the needle hit the bottom of the "E" notch, which means I still had the space between "E" and the needle to go.... I didn't feel like pushing that day... but I think a ninjette should have 300miles to the tank if you're careful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.