Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I filled up my tank for the first couple of times and it appeared to be nearly all the way full (I could see the gas near the top of the tank) but afterwards the gas gauge still showed only 70% fuel remaining. WAY too much 'remaining' to match the fuel I could see with my eyes....

Am I missing something?

Also, if I park the bike over night in the morning it seems like I have less gas... even after riding for a bit to let the gauge catch up to what's really in the tank.

There are no fluids or anything underneath the bike when I startup either.

Any suggestions?
-Aleckor

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say if I had to guess, I fill up just underneath where I'd end up putting gas into the filler neck. I don't want to splash gas on myself, and the sound of it filling up scares me a little bit.. kind of like an artillery shell landing.

Maybe I just need to fill it up a little more?

Also, how far can you go on one full tank? It's 4 gallons right? So at 40-50 mph average, you should get 200+ miles?
-Aleckor

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sit on it and fill. I've also noticed that the gas gauge will stay on or near E for a really long time. I haven't been brave enough to see just how long it'll go, but it's definitely in the 70-100 mile range.
-Aleckor

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.