Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to check on a Bell Voryex Attack attack helmet and I tried on a medium. It was snug. But I have one concern ... Measuring my head circumference I am a 21.5in/54.5 cm which places me in a xs/sm. can a person fit a larger size helmet even if the number state otherwise?

:Sent via the NewNinja iPhone App:

· Registered
207 Posts
I've found trying them in first, no matter what brand, works best to see how fit is. The helmet size differ a little bit to actual size. I tried on many of helmets to find one that was in my price range and fit my ugly mug and had the features I wanted. There is a chain store called Cycle Gear that I found that has a store close to where I live and they have a 7 day return policy on helmets. I haven't looked at the full details of the return policy but as long as it in the exact shape as it left the store.look them up on the web.

· Registered
19 Posts
Different helmets fit differently. The vortex fits differently that the star that fits differently to the RS-1 (all from Bell helmets). They all fit differently to the Arai's...etc. Best thing to do is find the brand you want, find a dealer and try them on. If you don't have any dealer near you, do a little research on the brand you want (ie. - vortex=egg head, star = more round head, RS-1 = oval head) and try an online store with a good return policy like sportbiketrackgear.com. where you can keep switching helmets until you find the right one. the only downside is shipping on returns...

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, after eating lunch with my son I will head over and try that helmet one more time and ease my worries. Thanks BP.

Side note: we just saw Brave, awesome move. Maybe so good my eye balls even perspirated ;)

:Sent via the NewNinja iPhone App:

· Registered
129 Posts
There is a place in roc that sells just helmets. I'll get you the name of it in a few. They have a lot to look at compared to Holink. From what I hear the staff really knows there stuff and they are not out to just sell you a helmet so they can move on to the next person.

As always ask if you have questions.

· Registered
123 Posts
Adesio.. I would be very interested in the name of that helmet store in Rochester. I'm about 2-1/2 hours away in Canada. Selection around here is poor (I find). I will be in the market for a new bucket at the end of this season. Thx

· Registered
129 Posts
Sorry for taking so long. The name of the place is Helmet World canandaigua NY. It's about an hour south of Rochester. It's a beautiful ride there, but the town can be congested at times.

www.kccyclehelmetworld.com/ is the website

We are on the West side of Canandaigua Lake on State
Rte 21 South. We are 4 miles outside of city of Cdga in
the country, Between Cdga and Cheshire.. Follow your
signs for 21 south...
Coming from Geneva area on 5/20 follow that into Cdga go
straight on 5/20 ( follow your signs that say 5/20 W and 21 south)
and you will be making a left turn at 2nd light,
(Bristol Rd) 21 south and about 500 feet you will see signs for a
LEFT onto 21 south, we are 1&1/2 miles on your left...

Coming from the Canandaigua Thruway--- follow 332 straight down
towards the lake. Take a right onto 5/20 west and just follow your
21 South signs
Our address is K.C. Cycle & Helmet World ,,,, IF USING A GPS PUT IN 3765 HWY 21 CANANDAIGUA, NY 3765 State Rte 21 South

That's from there website. I have no ties to this place. Just passing on the info lol.

· Registered
5 Posts
For my point of view n experience you should get exact size for your head for example my head diameter is aboit 58.5cm = size M (56-58) so i took size M for the helmet from Arai Monster RX7 RR5. Its so comfort during riding n large view. Anyway goodluck bro to find right size helmet for you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.